X

Got Blasted Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Blasted Today

For the life of me, I can't understand why the guys in those big diesel trucks get a kick out of blasting you with a big ol' cloud of diesel smoke.

*Choke*Choke*

I was just riding through town on I-75. Cruising (not even really speeding) and a big, "jacked up" diesel truck pulls into my lane and slowed doen. Just as I was about to switch lanes and go around him, he floored it and POOF... big black cloud of unburned diesel fuel in my face.

For the love of all that is holy... WHY???
    Last edited by CustomKat; 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM.
    'What do you do with a bunch of kids that just wanna bang their heads all the time?' *tears in eyes* 'You start a revolution ...'

Redneck retard?
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

The words A and Hole come to mind when I read this thread..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
        Redneck retard?

Comment

I use it to tell people that I am tired of driving beside them. Either speed up or slow down, but there is no reason to match my speed.

Personally, I love the smell.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Blah! i hate the diesel smell !!!
            turns my stomach a little every time i smell it.
            'What do you do with a bunch of kids that just wanna bang their heads all the time?' *tears in eyes* 'You start a revolution ...'

Comment

Originally posted by CustomKat View Post
              Blah! i hate the diesel smell !!!
              turns my stomach a little every time i smell it.
              Are you female? (No man would ever admit to being offended by the smell of diesel!)

I say that somewhat jokingly, but I have seen a few studies showing that women are far more bothered by a number of petroleum smells, where as men are not bothered at all by the same smell. Sometimes men even enjoy the smell.
              Last edited by thetable; 10-19-2009, 02:35 PM.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

yeah.
                And i don't enjoy the smell of burning oil or rubber either...
                haha

Comment

Because the same guys that drive jacked up pickup trucks, drive Harley's on the weekends..... I had a lifted Silverado cut me off a couple of days ago, driving my wife's Grand Marquis. Black truck, WAY off the ground, tube bumpers, covered in anti-ford stickers, loud exhaust, and an enormous pair of 'truck nuts' hanging right behind the pumpkin.

We have a word for people like that.... it's "compensating".
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Diesel fuel is the one smell that will make me physically ill. It burns my eyes and gives me a headache. The can be 1 drop of raw fuel and I can smell it. Ford diesels like to leak btw.........
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                      Are you female? (No man would ever admit to being offended by the smell of diesel!)

I say that somewhat jokingly, but I have seen a few studies showing that women are far more bothered by a number of petroleum smells, where as men are not bothered at all by the same smell. Sometimes men even enjoy the smell.

my mom gets sick all the time when she sits in the back on my boat. she said the fuel smell is horrible and me and my pops look at each other like What smell, you smell anything??? Now she sit all the way up front and my pops hits the waves hard, she gets mad at him when he does that. lol
                      this is the best icon eva

Comment

well some people are just stupid and the only smell i dont like is throw up i can see it coming out or already there but just a horrible smell.
                        WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE BIKES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post

all i can say is i love diesel smell (im a diesel technician so thats a pre requisit) and 110 race fuel. haha love me some Cam2

Comment

diesel exhaust bothers me too. why do delivery trucks have to idle instead of being cut off?
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Don't mind diesel. The best fuel smell by far is Avgas, just for the record. Mmm, 100LL...nothing like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X