X

Robbed!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbed!!!!!!

So i decided to take the Kat out today bc due to the past week of Cold and rainy weather, i had garaged her. After dusting her off and warming her up extra long, i hit the road for a good hour trip (didn't wanna be out to long bc of the cold).

As i'm wrapping up my trip I catch a glimps of a very low Red convertible in the distance. Out of curiosity i stay the course and finally catch up and low and behold its a DODGE VIPER!!!!

Can't say why but my hearts starts pumping as the adrenaline and testosterone take over. Now i know full well that a Viper would RAPE my 750 kattuna. But I LOVE VIPERS and would die for a chance to have a go!!!!

Once he caught a glimps that i was behind him he started getting a little more on it but due to congestion there wasn't any room for fun. Finally we hit the light for OXE road. Beautiful OPEN Oxe road and he's flipped on his turn signal!!! Now all i need was the light to change and it would be on!!!!

As we sat at the light my mature side tried to reason with me but i wouldn't have it!!! I was that 17 year old again waiting at the line ready to rape a honda civic. Finally the golden momment came the light went green. All i heard was his huge engine roar and he began to excellerate and just as i'm about to head off into my sweet sweet destiny........

HE PULLS A U-TURN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Needless to say i was a bit disappointed. But all in all i deserved it. Bikes are not toys....... But it would have been fun!!

Usually it is the other way around for me. I have sports cars and hot rods wanting to have a go at it with my ZX-14. LOL

What fools
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

For me it's always redneck kids with the big 70's fullsized 4x4 trucks with mega loud exhausts, trying to get me to race them when I'm in something like my Talon TSI, or on one of my bikes. lol
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

At 0~120mph, the kat will smoke most every car made. Keep in mind that most cars will need at least 500 hp and lower gearing to out run a kat to 120 mph.

With stock gearing a car would need over 600 hp to beat a kat to 120.

A kat may be seen as slow by some GSXR riders, but in the real world, a kat is still very fast.

Comment

That would all depend on the car and the rider on the bike. Most Kat riders probably never se their bikes full potential at the drag strip, due to a lack of practice launching hard off the line, so might only run mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. My 65 Mustang with about 330hp at the crank and stock gearing used to run 12.8x's in the 1/4, and an awd Exlipse or Talon with minor mods will easily run low 13's, along with cars like the top of the line Mustangs, GTO's, Challengers etc etc.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

A well tuned/jetted kat 600 will do high 11's (I've seen it!)

I did three runs on my old 88 Kawi ZX600, all better than 11.7, and that bike was stock with a muzzy pipe and jetting. and my stock Kat has more power.

And of course the driver/rider will make a difference! but it does not change the facts of power to weight and gearing.

Most high HP cars are geared for top speeds close to 200 mph. The kat has a top speed of maybe 135? meaning its power is better served in the 0~120 range.

Comment

He was scared of the tuna.

Comment

im sure a viper would be in the racehttp://musclecarranch.com/musclecarstats.htm
                Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 10-19-2009, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah, if the Kat wasn't on his game, the viper would give him a run.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

The newest Vipers can dip into the 10's bone stock.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                    X