X

frame sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame sliders

ive been looking for a set of frame sliders for my 06 600kat. buddy of mine has an extra set of sliders from his 04 gsxr 750 but i dont have a spot to mount them. do i have to drill a hole in the frame between the open hole in the fairing? if so wont this weeken the frame?

Do NOT drill into the frame. It will create a weak spot and will crack eventually.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

so with out drilling (which i wasnt going to do, was a guy at my local bike shops idea) how do i attach the sliders? do i need to make a bracket that wraps around the frame and weld it in place?

Comment

Originally posted by onewaycharley3 View Post
        so with out drilling (which i wasnt going to do, was a guy at my local bike shops idea) how do i attach the sliders? do i need to make a bracket that wraps around the frame and weld it in place?

Comment

If your creative enough and handy with that type of equiptment you might be able to make a bracket, but yeah definatly dont make any holes in your frame. I know you have some that your buddy has from his gsxr, but I did see some on ebay specifically for the Kat.

Comment

i have found this on web.i am gonna try to make smtg like this when i have time.

a guy is selling frame sliders on katriders take a look at the supported vendors section

Comment

Scr motorcycle specializes in custom, unique and hard to find products like katana frame sliders
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

What Jax said X 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whats the deal on the Pre sliders? Why isnt anyone making them yet? Im assuming they need to be able 12 inches long, I guess that is an issue.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                    Whats the deal on the Pre sliders? Why isnt anyone making them yet? Im assuming they need to be able 12 inches long, I guess that is an issue.

SCR motorcycles (same link posted above) just stated they have a few pre models available rated for low speed drops only.

krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                      I think the problem is the shape of our pre fairings. If you look at them the fairing bulges out just next to the engine cover. With this being a high point a slider would have to be mounted nearby to prevent fairing damage. This presents a design challenge, 1) Which hole in the fairing do you use, or do you drill a new one for the frame slider? 2) How do you mount it to the bike in a way that does not weaken the bike frame, doesn't weigh too much and still provides adequate protection at various speeds? Where would you mount it?

Braunstein82 seems to have a grasp of these issues and has said his solution will be available "soon". If you enjoy working with metal you could create your own bracket, and screw the sliders into that. Otherwise send Braunstein82 a PM demanding that he make the perfect product and make it available yesterday.
                      Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Originally posted by jtdybr View Post
                        Otherwise send Braunstein82 a PM demanding that he make the perfect product and make it available yesterday.

You haven't yet?... well, no wonder it's taking so long...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

:smt084
                          I think its RIOT time!!!!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97641 try this site!

Comment

DREKAT ......Does he have the pre sliders or is this just a canada thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X