Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

8 hours on the yami in the mountains (picture intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 hours on the yami in the mountains (picture intensive)

i took the yamaha out for the first time last week. i took it up into the mountains of arizona. its only about an hour to the mountain then about 20 mile round trip of twisties and beautiful views. about half way threw there is a nice restaurant with every inch of the wall covered in dollar bills signed by costumers through the years. i would stop every few turns and take pictures. i tried to capture all the beauty...but failed by alot. i made another trip up there today and enjoyed the curves a little more then the scenery, but the curves are very unforgiving. there are many turns with our guard rails and a long drop to the bottom, so i dont push to hard. here are just a few of the 70 pics that i took out there and here is the link to the rest of them http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...pache%20trail/

this was kinda the front mountain, it became larger and larger as i got closer to the trail and before i knew it i was passing it

this is probably my favorite picture, because everything kind of came together, the bike, me, the mountians, the water, and even the sky

just an example of the curves, and the drops with out any guard rails

there are, like any mountain road, alot of sharp blind curves. which is always kinda worry some

literally every inch of every wall was covered in dollar bills, they were even over lapped in alot of places, food was kinda pricey but good

the end of the road, the pavement ends for the next 20 miles or somthing so i turned around and did it again
    Last edited by delkampg; 10-13-2009, 11:56 PM.
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Cool, that's Superstition Mountain, and Tortilla Flats lol. Rode there last Nov after I picked up my Fazer and got new tires put on it. Hexkrak knows that road pretty well , and was the one to steer me up in that direction when i was down there.

Last edited by Psycho1; 10-14-2009, 12:05 AM.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

wow!! it took a whole 8 minutes for someone to recognize it, and someone from out of state, thats crazy!!

Comment

Yeah, I might not know the area real well, but I'm real good at remembering landmarks.
        John,
        sigpic

Comment

What is plastered all over the walls of that store, is some of it $$$ ?
          Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Yeah, that road is one of the few that has any twisties in it for quite a ways, so a lot of riders go there on weekends (some traveling 50+ miles to ride the short 10-11 miles up between the store and the end of the pavement several times before heading somewhere else). It's treated kind of like the Gap in NC, or ACH in So Cal are. People from out for the area can put their name and where they're from on a bill and stick it on the wall. I've also seen this done in several different stores in other states. A sporting goods store in Salmon, ID also does it, and had signed bills fom the Chena Hotshot firefighting crew and several others from AK on the walls from many years, when they had to return to fight diferent fires. It's really interesting to be ble to walk around and see where some of the past customers were from, some people were from halfway around the world.
            Last edited by Psycho1; 10-14-2009, 09:52 AM.
            John,
            sigpic

Comment

OMG, lol, I have been there too! Not on a bike mind you, as I did not ride back then.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                  (some traveling 50+ miles to ride the short 10-11 miles up between the store and the end of the pavement several times before heading somewhere else). It's treated kind of like the Gap in NC, or ACH in So Cal are.
                  i travel about 40 miles to get there, but its worth it. ill only travel it once though.

Comment

yeah I only rode up to the end and back once when I was there. I was mainly just trying to see how the new bike handled and scuff the new tires in a little bit.
                    John,
                    sigpic

Comment

Very nice .... thats why we work, dude
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Great pics...........makes me wish I was there. ( Cool, wet, and windy here right now )
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                          Great pics...........makes me wish I was there. ( Cool, wet, and windy here right now )
                          sunny and 95 here!

Comment

You call those mountains? Just kidding! Anyway nice pics looks like a fun ride!
                            We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                            Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Nice pics !! Thanks for sharing.
                              sigpic

RIP CP
                              50th Anniv R6
                              95 Katana 600
                              http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X