X

Installing new dev parts on the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new dev parts on the Kat

A friend of mine has been using my Kat to develop some new parts for the Kats (at least the post years).

These are stronger solid built chain tensioners and caps instead of plates that fit over the back of the swingarm. These have a screw to tighten the chain instead of the existing all thread and nut. This cap should prevent the chain tension plates from bending that way that I have seen on some of the Kat and other bikes with a similar setup and the screw will clean up the looks at the rear of the swingarm.

As the are still dev parts and are not prodcution quality yet no pics. We are installing these on my Kat this week for actual ride testing. I post a follow up as testing continues to let you know if they work as we think they should.

Post up if you want more info on these and I'll tell you what I can, but detailed info cannot be provided as I am under an Non-Disclosure agreement and Patient Pending status.

I'll post pics as soon as I am allowed.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

So he invented bandit adjusters?
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

If your buddy want to develop parts for the Kat why not ask us?
        My list would include:
        1. Adjustable rear sets.
        2. Handle bar spacers to raise bars up
        3. Parts to lower bars
        4. Kat specific electronics mounts. (GPS/Ipod etc.)
        5. Adjustable shift/rear brake levers.

Honestly, as Hemi bluntly pointed out, the solution to the shoddy Suzuki chain adjusters has been solved a number of ways. Including custom ones made by member Ne-oublie.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
          So he invented bandit adjusters?
          The bandit chain adjusters are not entirely plug n' play as Arsenic showed in his write up.

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

I used the 1st generation SV650 chain adjusters for a nearly plug 'n play option with minimal effort.

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
          Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
          Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            Honestly, as Hemi bluntly pointed out, the solution to the shoddy Suzuki chain adjusters has been solved a number of ways. Including custom ones made by member Ne-oublie.
            I have a pair from Ne-oublie, and they are sweet
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I think we should kick him in the stones. How can ya post up info like this and not have pics ready in hand.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I'm always interested in new ways to waste money on my Kat. But yeah- get some freak'in pics up.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  If your buddy want to develop parts for the Kat why not ask us?
                  My list would include:
                  1. Adjustable rear sets.
                  2. Handle bar spacers to raise bars up
                  3. Parts to lower bars
                  4. Kat specific electronics mounts. (GPS/Ipod etc.)
                  5. Adjustable shift/rear brake levers.

We have been discussing the bar risers and adjustable rear sets.

As to the pics I am hoping to have some this week when we do the install.
                  If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

well im the one making them. will will be solid 7075 aircraft aluminum that is CNC'd. It will use the same bases as the bandits but the hole will be lined up in the middle. I will be selling them as a complete sets. I will also be making them for GS500 but there just a little smaller in size. Im going solid cause some people have a tendency to over tighten them thus crushing the swingarm. right now im at the fitting stage right now. I plan to make the bandit style as well for those who already have the bandit endcap. they will just buy the internal adjuster.

im also open to other ideas of item you would like to be made. when done I plan to maybe have a special group buy and maybe have the kat kanji logo on them.

Comment

Like I said- always ready to blow money on the bike. So hurry up!
                      >=o)

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                      X