X

03 katana 750f speedo questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 katana 750f speedo questions

my speedometer suddenly stopped working the other day, now its working again! is this a " doiturself fix" or do I have to go to a dealer? Ive had bike for about 4 months and absolutley love it! Its my first bike and I think I made a great choice. Its got only 13000 miles on it and I expect it to last a long while! Thanx for any advice!

was it just the speedo, or the whole gauge cluster?

If its the whole cluster, I would guess the plug in the back is just coming loose. if you pull off the center peice of the fairing where the 3rd eye is, and loosen up the side fairings, you can actually pretty much get to the plug. although since it sounds like this will be your first time taking it apart, you may want to actually pull everything apart, so it is easier to see what your doing, and no confusing putting it back together.

If it was just your speedo, then the issue is more complex. The whole gauge setup is one board, so if one thing goes out, you have to replace the whole thing. I have my old one sitting in the garage, I can pull it apart tomorrow and take a look to see how it works, maybe a motor is just going out or something.

Anyway, let us know if it was just one gauge, or the whole thing.
    Last edited by SweetLou; 09-26-2009, 01:17 AM.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

speedo guage on 03 katana 750

just the speedo, comes and goes, everything else fine

Comment

Working...
      X