X

57 in a 40.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 in a 40.

Well it happened to me too, I got pulled over doing 57 in a 40. I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop who apparently thought I was trying to race a honda accord I'm in my freshman year in college and didn't know I was speeding since the car next to me was actually going to same speed as me, but he didn't get pulled over...

In the end I got hit up for 15-24 over which is a $225 ticket and no inspection for $150. The no inspection is clearly my fault but what about the speeding, I was going with the flow of traffic, all the cars behind me were going to same speed. I was just going with the flow, the only reason I got pulled over is because my exhaust is loud and he thought I was revving it way up.

Should I get a traffic lawyer?

go to court and say its your first offense on a bike and apoligize to the judge and they'll let it go, well thats most state let you off on the first offense. Hopefully you get off.
    this is the best icon eva

Comment

Watch out for Sasquatch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobz View Post
        In the end I got hit up for 15-24 over which is a $225 ticket
        Dude i just got a 40 over and it was $194

Comment

i jumped on the freeway with full intent of just blasting to the next offramp on my way to work. nailed it pretty good, just over a ton, then i had to back off and drop in to make tha exit from the carpool and got pulled over on the offramp. he coudln't get me for the speed cause i was goin too fast for him to pace me, so i got unsafe lane change $124.00 . i paid it
          thoughts create things

Comment

That sucks !! Pay it .
            sigpic

RIP CP
            50th Anniv R6
            95 Katana 600
            http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

If you were going the same speed as them, and they were speeding, then so were you. If they all drove off a bridge, would you He figured he had a better chance getting you for the speeding and possibly other charges. you know how many people are out there right now riding without the proper endorsments? I see lots riding on the freeway at night who only have permits. I meet up with them at the local spots and bs with them, but don't condone them riding like this. It gives us all a bad name. Just pay it and be done with it. I did.
              "Don't mess with a nation, that needs medication"- Christopher Titus-

Comment

Thats the problem with load exhaust, it just draws unwanted attention .you might be able to fight the speeding for going with the flow, but if you were in front .... your SOL. but the inspection doesn't help your case ... so basically your SOL. maybe your better off just to make payments and pay it.

Comment

Don't just pay it. #1, if you have no previous tickets, then it is far easier to get out of a ticket. Once you have a record, they will consider it a trend, and the ticket will be that much easier to get next time around. Secondly, your insurance WILL go up.

Consult with a few lawyers, go with the one you feel most comfortable with, and hope for the best. If you were driving next to a car, then the LEO most likely got the speed of the car, unless he has one of the newer radar units. Never try to justify your speed based on traffic flow, it is simply a recipe to convict yourself on the spot.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

its hard to beat the system...i got pulled over in my car for improper use of blue lights. i "supposably" had blue turn signals...the box says they light up white. took the package and everything to court when i had to go...still got the ticket.

Comment

Was it radar or pace?

Comment

well that sucks! but you probably got pulled over cause you didn't have an inspection sticker. thats what probably sparked his attention cause he is riding a bike as well so he knows to look for it. but you just got unlucky thats all. can't give you much advice but I don't think you can get out of the inspection sticker part. but definitely fight for the speeding ticket if it is true that you were "just going with the flow of traffic" then you could let the judge know that you felt society was with my actions to carry out that speed. instead of getting rear ended.

Comment

Fight it!!!!

Ask for an informal hearing. Before going to the informal hearing, get a Written Appearance from a Traffic attorney.

When you get your date for court, go early and wear a suit/sport coat and tie.

Try to find the officer before he enters into the courtroom and ask if he would be willing to change it to an Impeding Traffic or some other non moving violation with no points.

If the officer is unwilling to do this then wait for your case to be called. Assuming, you have a good driving record with no priors, Ask the judge if you can ask a question BEFORE the informal hearing starts. If he says NO, then tell him you have retained an attorney and have a Written Appearance which you will file with the Court Clerk at this time.

If he says ok, Say your honor. Assuming I have a good driving record, does the court have a program which allow me to have the alleged infraction abstracted on my driving record. This is a yes or no answer. If he says yes they do, continue with the hearing.

If he says yes but it would require me to talk wih the officer and discuss the situation. Then that is a maybe and unacceptable. Tell the judge you have retained an attorney and have a Written Appearance which you will file with the Court Clerk at this time.

Do not let the informal hearing start without a definite yes to the question above.

Several things can happen here.

1) The cop may not show

2) The cop may have a change of heart and throw out or change to a non moving violation with no points. No points is the real goal here. You will still have to pay a fine, but you do not want the points on your driving record.

3) The court may throw out the ticket or knock it down too.

ALWAYS FIGHT THE TICKET!!!! It can only benefit you and not hurt you at all by doing what was said above, every time.

Be early, polite and nice, you would be suprised at the outcome sometimes. You have nothing to lose.

Good luck
                          Last edited by Zepp; 09-24-2009, 03:07 AM.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

How is your situation going????
                            sigpic

RIP CP
                            50th Anniv R6
                            95 Katana 600
                            http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment