X

Proposing Memorial Rides Across The Continent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposing Memorial Rides Across The Continent

I was watching chat, and some folks are putting together a memorial ride for Marc. I am proposing that everyone who can, do the same thing in their area, with some overlap in times. At a pre-determined time, everyone would pull over and remember Marc in whatever way is meaningful to them.

If the idea gets traction, perhaps this thread can be the info point for ride locations, date and times, and the coordinating place for the pause.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Like the idea...
    2004 GSX750F

Comment

Soulpatch and Ricankatgrl are coming up this week end and we already had a ride planned for saturday ... not sure about the time yet .. it will depend on how weather warms up in the morning but an app leaving time should be 9:30ish. going up in the mountains to Tremblant ... we'll toast CP when we stop for lunch in that area
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Maybe the Ohio Crew can get something together as well for saturday afternoon!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Western NC area folks are working on one now as well... ATM, thinking meeting in Maggie Valley, and ride from there... Maybe a nice relaxing ride up the parkway.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'll be down in VA with Nero and thetable this weekend.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I'll be hanging out watching my wife take the basic riders safety course this weekend, but will think of CP often, and pegs will be down on my cross country ride the end of Oct.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

I took a ride with Marc's spirit last night! Still can't believe it, I just talked to him two week's ago............................
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

In Michigan this weekend the ride to Hell and Back will definatly add the CP memorial ride to our day. Pegs down he is welcome on my bike anytime.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Western NC area folks are working on one now as well... ATM, thinking meeting in Maggie Valley, and ride from there... Maybe a nice relaxing ride up the parkway.

Krey
                    See you Saturday morning.
                    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Krey

If you want to do something along those lines, count me in....
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Krey
                        I am in if there isn't anything going on in Tampa surrounding his funeral.

Comment

I'm up for hosting a Phoenix area ride. Anyone else that wants to participate should post interest here and PM me.
                          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Wish I could do that, couldn't get away from work long enough though
                            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

I'm supposed to be getting a new-to-me ZZR1200 tomorrow. Being the only member for miles around, I will probably have a rolling memorial service on it for Marc on Saturday. I dedicated "Knocking on Heaven's Door" to him spiritually at my gig last night.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X