No announcement yet.
X

70 in a 30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the "youre a dumbass" comments, like I dont already know... but for those of you saying I was endangering people... it was 12 at night, no other cars or people around in the farmlands of muncie indiana. I dont speed in town.

Anyway, the cop said he didnt write me for reckless driving (he even said so), just a speeding ticket (because I was polite and didnt run). I called the courthouse today and they said the ticket is 194.50 Im not sure if that includes court cost or not, but it seems a bit low to me. I still need to contact the prosecuters office and see if I can get it deferred.

As it stands right now I dont believe ill need a lawyer if this is just a ticket.

One thing though... on my ticket he wrote my licence plate expiration as 2/21/09 but its actually 2/21/10... is that enough to get the ticket thrown out???

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post

One thing though... on my ticket he wrote my licence plate expiration as 2/21/09 but its actually 2/21/10... is that enough to get the ticket thrown out???

I serously doubt it. In fact, I don't think i'd even bring it up, unless the judge brings it up and slaps you for expired tags or something.

I looked for little stupid things like this when I got my ticket, but after talking to a lawyer, turns out it was a stupid idea. Apparently lots of judges HATE it when idiots try to get tickets thrown out because the cop wrote down the wrong date, or the wrong highway, or something stupid like that.

You were speeding. The date doesn't change that. Odds are, the judge will see it that way too, and he'll probably throw the book at you if you try to get it dismissed for something immaterial like this. For $194, i'd consider it a gift and just pay it. It could be WAAAAY worse.

Comment

Thanks for the "youre a dumbass" comments, like I dont already know... but for those of you saying I was endangering people... it was 12 at night, no other cars or people around in the farmlands of muncie indiana. I dont speed in town.

Anyway, the cop said he didnt write me for reckless driving (he even said so), just a speeding ticket (because I was polite and didnt run). I called the courthouse today and they said the ticket is 194.50 Im not sure if that includes court cost or not, but it seems a bit low to me. I still need to contact the prosecuters office and see if I can get it deferred.

As it stands right now I dont believe ill need a lawyer if this is just a ticket.

You NEED an attorney. Trust me I had a MUCH worse speeding ticket than that and got it knocked down from 78 over to 30 over. $100 fine and didn't lose my license, had 6 months of driving probation instead. It's not the fine now that gets you, it's the driving record and insurance rates etc. I was young and dumb once too, pm me if you want honest experienced advice.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

damn Ed....sounds like you kinda screwed the pooch on this one. learn from it, bud.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Can I still throw a stone or is it all over yet??
            sigpic

Comment

Ed, give them the $ and scoot, dude. But actually, first you might want to talk with the judge if he's approachable. You give an intelligent and respectable impression...use that and ask him what the other consequences might be concerning your driving record. I think $194 is cheap...but do explore any other punitive measures that go along with it.
              Can a defensive driving course alleviate the heat? Ask the judge, if he's the sort you can parley with.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

i would start trying to stretch your hole now,that way when they bend you over in court it wont hurt as bad. although i dont really know what you should do about your insurance company tea bagging you for the next 7 years or so
                99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

I'm just waiting for the next post to say, "Well, you might want to consider not riding any more."

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Ive never seen a country road posted at 30mph.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

still don't understand, are you required to go to court or no? if no, i'd probably just pay it. Hate to say it, but your age will work against you in front of a judge. If you decide to go / have to go to court GET A LAWYER. It is worth the $300 to not have your insuance rates raised and you should be able to get out of the book the judge will throw at you. You will definatly pay more by going to court, but will save money in the long run.
                      May the road rise up to meet you.
                      May the wind always be at your back.
                      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                      and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                      And until we meet again,
                      May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                      RIP Marc

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                        Ive never seen a country road posted at 30mph.
                        That's backward arse Indiana for you.

Eddie I would listen to everyone's advice about getting an attorney bud. It could make all the difference and maybe save you from getting butt raped by your insurance company.

An attorney could better answer that question.
                        Last edited by Woodmysta; 09-18-2009, 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hemi, those little, one stop sign towns in the middle of no where, yeah, 55 to 25 like a snap of a finger. St. Paris here is like that!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Ed, seriously, if you don't have to appear in court for that, I wouldn't. Post bond and move on. Considering all he dinged you for was speeding, you might not have to go to court....reckless op I'm sure you would have to.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                              Ed, seriously, if you don't have to appear in court for that, I wouldn't. Post bond and move on. Considering all he dinged you for was speeding, you might not have to go to court....reckless op I'm sure you would have to.
                              I don't know how other states are, but you guys are pretty close, in KY anything more than 25mph over the speed limit is a required court date.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

just beg and borrow the 194.50, pay it and get a receipt and your done.

Comment

Working...
                                X