X

Offically hooked !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offically hooked !!!

Well i bought my 01 750 kat a month ago for my starter bike. Unfortunately i had to wait a month (till last Sunday) to take the Basic rider course to get my license/learn how to ride a motorcycle.

Admittedly i couldn't wait for the course and rode the bike in the confines of the neighborhood. The only experience i ever had riding with a motor between my legs was on an atv once. Unfortunately that ended in me crashing and getting ACL replacment sergury. But it taught me how to shift and break like you do on a bike.

Over the month i got riding down and passed the MSF course on the mighty powerful kawasaki Eliminator (all 124cc of it).

So got my license sunday. Monday i got the tags,title,ect all switched over and hit the main roads as soon as i got the tags on. I was so nerves my leg was shaking!! lol

That night i did a tial run, ride to my job to make sure i could make it and didn't have a problem. I still not going on 495 or 395 but all in due time.

Today got to work with no incident and took advantage of the fact the bikes park for free at my building (Falls Church, Va has absolutly no parking). I even went up the street to grab some grub. Once i got home i headed over to my friends place. He has a Honda CBR 600 F3 but he only has his learners. We hit the park way and drove all the way to fairfax corner then turned around and took oxe all the way to woodbridge. Best few hours on the road i've had in a LONG time. I even gunned it once and OMG...

Wow sorry for the rant but I love riding my Kat!!! Damn wather sucks tho!!! Rain rain and rain coming my way. I went and bought rain gear. I'm kinda nerves about riding in the rain but i got to learn some time right? I'll take it real slow and if i dont feel comfertable ill hold off but the riding season is about up so i'm doing all i can until its unbearbale .

God im hooked!!!

Damn, I miss my Kat..

My employer didnt pay me so now I have to go to small claims. Had to sell the Kat to make ends meet.

Miss it soooo much.

The day I got my Kat I was afraid to take it out on the highway even though I had the safety course and everything. 4 days later i was flying down the highway. hahaha. Love it.

Comment

:

Comment

Way to go young Jedi!
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club! Yep, the kat got me hooked a little over a year ago. It is a very forgiving bike in my opinion, but yet the 750 has plenty of power to get a person into trouble quickly.

And I understand where you are coming from on the learning end of things. Last year I couldn't take my class until the beginning of Oct, so had to ride in big parking lots. But then again, I did have the permit, but wasn't ready for all the pressure of the roads and the cagers trying to run over anthing on 2 wheels. It took some time before feeling comfortable on the interstates as well.

I tried to wait on riding in the rain until I had more experience. Yes, one needs to learn sometime, but honestly I figured why hurry to ride in the rain and add to the risks of the new rider learning curve. If you do ride in the rain, I know you will be careful as it sounds like you have a healthy respect for the sport.

As far as the riding season being over, yep, get ready for winterizing your bike. My routine consists of putting my bike on a battery maintainer and then riding every sunny day that I can as long as the snow and ice has cleared from the roads. I know the sand is a problem so I use extra caution, but I found that I can ususally find a couple of days every 2 weeks or so that are fit to ride in. I just dress accordingly.

You will see. You will find those days or you will go through withdrawl symptoms!

Anyway, you and your friend ride safely and enjoy!
          sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

I learned the same way. almost exactly
            Bling....

Comment

Nice looking Bike JRod Have fun and be safe! And Welcome to KR!
              Bill
              1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
              sigpic

Comment

Great post! I could feel your excitement! Nice bike!! You are going to love riding it.
                I got my Kat just over a year ago and have put on about 8500miles, it is a great bike, very comfortable on long rides, plenty of power (so far), great on gas (50+mpg).
                Sad to of your loss there KAT99
                Question - Do you guys have to winterize your bike in Virginia?? I know we have to in Buffalo.

Comment

i had the same feeling when i first started riding a month ago full time. welcome to kr
                  this is the best icon eva

Comment

Hmm I picked up my bike and rode the hell out of it on the first day. Now that I think about it, that probaly wasnt the best idea. I was the only person that road a bike to the MSF course.
                    Originally posted by arsenic
                    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

i like your enthusiasm. i'm not a new rider but just recently purchased a 98 750 Kat.was 10 yrs. between rides.went on "freedom ride 2009" here in athens on sunday. was my first long ride,total mileage 250. i had a blast! found new places to ache, i'm 55 and out of practice. ride safe.
                      no good deed goes unpunished!

Comment

1st ride on my kat, my leg got covered in oil. on my ride home I keep worrying about the oil getting on the bald back tire.

Comment

Had the katana for about 5 months now... dont get to ride it much atm but as it is 3 hours away from me but I definitely have the same addiction you do!!

Comment

Just wait till something breaks, that will deminish your lust for riding a bit.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                            X