X

Quick question about titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
    wouldnt that mean your vins wouldnt match up? (engine/trans vs frame?)
    Yes.

When you transfer a title all they need is the VIN on the frame and the mileage, that's it. I've never had anyone check a VIN on anything, let alone go for an engine number, but then again I've never retitled. If you have a title for the frame, it's all you need.

But like CP said, winter time in KY slashes bike values almost 50%.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah, I told him to just wait a few months. Id rather find a jem someone wants to give a good home to than get a junker and find headache after headache (plus...someone already bought it! lol, pretty little blue 89 pre with no windscreen).

Comment

im in kentucky and also tryin to get a title for a bike i bought...it went way down the line of the bike being sold without the title. atleast 3 people. i called the courthouse and there was no lean against it and was not stolen so i have no clue on what happened to the title. its a pita trying to back track 5 years of differnt people owing the bike.

Comment

Minnesota absolutely demands a motor number along with the vin.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

International title, i believe is the name of a co. in nevada. Will produce title with correct frame number for 85 bucks. They advertise, in Walnecks and on the net too. I've used them.No problem as long as it's not a hot bike.
            Why doesn't the owner have papers, or if a legit reason, get them replaced??

Comment

only problem i ever had was in trying to get a title for a bike registered in another state. DMV wanted the title brought up to date in the last state reg. before it would bring the title up to date in my own state.

Go to DMV and pay the 10 bucks to do a title search, it should show if there are any flags on the title such as leans, stolen #'s, etc. and the last registered owners name and last known address. You'll need the VIN #, Name of last owner, Last tag #, something the can use to identify the vehicle with. tell them why you want it and ASK them for the correct procedure and cost to get the title fixed up proper.

My son just brought an '03 kat 600 out of an outdated cherokee nation tag back into an oklahoma tag for just under $200. It took about a week and a half ( about 30 mins of work and a lot of waiting) to get all the paperwork done. He did have to produce the bill of sale (his name, sellers name, and cost) and the bike (no photos, they had to physically see and check all vin #'s for any listing on the stolen sheet) at the DMV for a VIN check before they would give him the updated tag.

ps - the hassles over the tag could be a point to use in bargaining down the price of the bike. not everyone is willing to do the work needed to make the purchase.
              Last edited by rockin6d; 09-08-2009, 09:22 AM.
              Carpie Diem!

Comment

Working...
              X