No announcement yet.
X

Took my first passenger today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife rides with me every chance she can. Not much different other than slow speed maneuvering.

She wants a bike of her own badly though...soon as she finishes nursing school, I see a baby ninja in her future.
    '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

wifey is rock solid back there. Ok granted im not out trying to scrape the hard bits either but..... She certianly makes my job as easy as possible up front.
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

other than low speed manuevers, and tight u-turns its pretty easy with a passenger.
        May the road rise up to meet you.
        May the wind always be at your back.
        May the sun shine warm upon your face,
        and rains fall soft upon your fields.
        And until we meet again,
        May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
        RIP Marc

Comment

speaking of passengers, can't stand carrying a guy on the back. done it a few times to give them a lift for whatever reason. find guys like to be "back seat drivers". got one buddy that I have given a lift to a few times....he has it in his head that he is going to do all the leaning in the curves....even when I don't have to lean. it's like I am carrying a live bull on the back. in general, I find guys can't sit their arse still. It has gotten to the point now that if one of my buddies ask for a lift, and if I think they could manage in another way, I just say, "sorry...suspension is tuned for light loads. bike handles dangerously if I carry you as a passenger".
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

That is a good point about the passenger and leaning. When I am on the Kat, I have the female passenger lean against me so they will "follow" what I do. When i am on my 1982 GS850 "cruiser" bike, I have the passenger just lean against the rear back rest and stay with the bike, not to lean with me. So it is worth it to spend a few minutes and explain to the passenger what to expect while riding,if they have not ridden with you before.

Comment

Good job on riding two up man. Oh by the way, that chick at your job likes you. Remeber a divorce ends up 50/50. Just end up on the better side of 50. heheh.
              Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

i had a few passengers but hate it when they lean the wrong way im 135 lbs. and it makes cornering hard

Comment

Originally posted by scottb View Post
                  That is a good point about the passenger and leaning. When I am on the Kat, I have the female passenger lean against me so they will "follow" what I do. When i am on my 1982 GS850 "cruiser" bike, I have the passenger just lean against the rear back rest and stay with the bike, not to lean with me. So it is worth it to spend a few minutes and explain to the passenger what to expect while riding,if they have not ridden with you before.
                  Excellent point...

You have to "train" and have good communication with your passengers guys. That goes 2 ways. If they are giving you feedback about your stops and starts, take it to heart.

New passengers that have never ridden a bike before can make things difficult if you just put them on the back and go...

At the least, tell em to shup up and hold on... er, I mean...

keep the feet up, always ask before mount/dismount, and some basic instructions on how you expect them to ride... lean with/don't lean with, when to adjust the butt, etc...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Excellent point...

You have to "train" and have good communication with your passengers guys. That goes 2 ways. If they are giving you feedback about your stops and starts, take it to heart.

New passengers that have never ridden a bike before can make things difficult if you just put them on the back and go...

At the least, tell em to shup up and hold on... er, I mean...

keep the feet up, always ask before mount/dismount, and some basic instructions on how you expect them to ride... lean with/don't lean with, when to adjust the butt, etc...

Krey
                    Couldn't agree with you more. I mentioned to her that she wasn't to actually lean herself... rather, I told her to just look over my shoulder in the direction we are turning. Worked like a charm. I also told her that if she needed to reposition to do it while we were moving at more than a walking pace since bikes are more stable at speed due to gyroscopic effects. And of course, I told her that if anything is wrong or she wants to stop to tap me repeatedly.

I really don't think I could have asked for a better first passenger. We'll see if future passengers are as good.

Comment

Congrats! Tell the ladies "all aboard".

Comment

Oh yeah

Somebody told me to have the passeger hold the pockets on the driver's jacket to make sure they are secure and leaned against the driver.
                        Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

Working...
                        X