Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible journey. Did you bring a cell phone with you? I forgot to mention that before you left. OH, and make sure you keep track of the air pressure in your tires. It's a lot of miles you're traveling, and I'd hate to see you cup up a tire because of low air pressure.

And hey, what happened to these senoritas you were supposed to be seeing? When do they come in?

Keep safe down there.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Git er done!!!!

First of all let me say God Bless You,

I just saw this posting and now I will be following you til you make it back home.

This is great... the pictures the postings and all the perserverance ya possessing. I think you are doing a great thing following your first mind, also you listen to the elders or vets here on the site... So I know you will make it and do well and might make some sort of History or record or something....I know you will have my vote.

One last word....Be very very careful, and also be careful in eating all those burrittos and beans and beer, or you will be stopping more than note..and it will not be to just get gas or water....

Your will be needing a newspaper or a leaf or something on the side of somoeone's home. Like Smokey on Friday the movie....hahahhaha

Just a lil humor to keep you focused...

Be safe my friend and I am with you all the way....

1 love kid....

The Big Six6

Deephi
      1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
      1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
      1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
      2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
      2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

• Me Here....

Hello Guys, sorry that i disappear like that... but i was trying to get some miles covered..

OK, So Here we go...
        Left Zacatecas, i learned that there is a HWY that go around DF so i took that route, firts let me tell you that it covers 200 miles, second that the Spanish concession that HWY so it is just AMAZING.... Third that to access you have to pay at the end 20 Dollars..... yep 20 frrriking.....US Dollars... but it was that or no HWY... so...
        Beautiful scenery, and NO SPEED LIMIT... Unfortunately I'm heavy so i cant go 120... just 100 my max... but it was really good... here some pics...

passed the beautiful town of Puebla,

Then i wanted to get to the gulf of Mexico, Veracruz was the town i wanted to hit... so i got there, here it is...

I wanted to keep hugging the coast, so i took a little route just heading south by the ocean...

I found a Safe House....lol....

Then ocean...

Now VERY interesting, went back on the road, and the road was eaten by the sea, and look what i just found....

MR. Crawford from Chicago Illinois.. GOD BLESS OUR CRAZY GRINGOS THAT GO ALL AROUND THE WORLD.... YEEEHAAAAA

Now i have a Buddie. so after couple of hours catching up about him me how that where why and with who.... he decided to keep going south together, he requested not to exceed 80.. so i was like ...bullcrap... he turn out to be a really experienced rider that really knows how to get all the juice out of that KLR, so we team up re check routes and here we go....

We were going to villa hermosa, on the road saw this Plantains ...

By Map we decided to take a shortcut... we were up in the mountains already but because all the rain the day before, the road was obstructed by a giant mud slide....we ended up in this villa with some indigenous people, i figured that my Spanish would do it, I was wrong they did not spoke Spanish.... that was very shocking... they were looking at us and the bikes, like we were aliens... then the chief of the clan (I Guess) was the only person that spoke some kind of broken Spanish... he said no pictures or we take the cameras, we said ok, but still took some....
        Some of these people were wearing like regular cloth but the women did not. here the pics..

we had to wait till somebody brought some heavy machines..

2 hours later.... here we go..

Last edited by FDuranCol; 10-01-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Looks like you're still doing great. Thank you again for sharing. How are you doing on expenses? Are the hotels and food ending up what you expected? Keep us posted, be careful, and have fun.

Dan

Comment

• Expenses are about 60 bucks per day, its 25 in gas, 20 hotel, and the rest in food..

Comment

• good Luck ... Be Safe... Thanks for sharing your adventure!!!

Comment

• Wow, it's been adventurous since you last checked in!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Wow. Glad you found a riding buddy. Looks like he's a little better equipped for a mudslide though lol. I think it's funny how he's got spare tires strapped to the KLR haha...
                  Nuff said.

Comment

• them are some good pictures, looks like you have some good seniory for your ride!

Comment

• This trip just keeps getting better and better! Glad ya found a ridding buddy. And what are the odds that he's from the USA, unbelievable. Thanks for update and more pics. Keep Safe!

Comment

• Cool! Man, that's an amazing trip so far adventure of a lifetime. Keep us posted! stay safe By the way what part of Denver are you from?
                        Last edited by tindallt; 10-02-2009, 04:14 AM.
                        We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                        Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

• Nice update.. keep safe and keep us posted....

and to the fellow that put up RIP to the cyberpoet? What was that all about?
                          1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
                          1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
                          1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
                          2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
                          2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

• wow you are getting to do something most people only can dream of. Looks like it has been an exciting time. Good luck on your journey and be safe. Thanks for taking the time to post up pictures, I am sure you are pretty tired after a long day of riding.
                            Last edited by macgyver; 10-02-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• F'n awesome!

Comment

• Just wow --- a super motard would be great right then but the kat gives alot of comfort .. Keep going and be safe its a long way back

Comment

Working...
                                X