Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the insurence. You may not needed it but it will be great knowing
    you do have it. Please keep one eye on the road and the other
    out for the crazies
    TimT794

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      This guy would say no.... but I would be happy to try it anyways.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136505

(be warned, it can be disturbing.... )
      That's rather sad...I feel bad for the guy.

-Duo
      Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

-Duo
        That is insane!!!!!
        Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

-Duo
          Unfortunately he can't appreciate the sentiment.....
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hello everyone,
            well thanks for the advice, and i am getting the medex insurance, is not as expensive as i though.
            I rode about 7 hours, raining all day..
            I'm staying in Las Vegas New Mexico and hope to reach the border tomorrow.
            Here some pics.

Departure

More pics 2morrow i'm exhausted...

Comment

Awesome! I have been following this thread and looking forward to the start. Take lots of pics so you can post them during or/and after the trip.

Have fun and BE SAFE!
              '01 Katana 750
              '96 Ninja 250 (sold, but got every penny I put into it, back out!)
              '83 Porsche 944

Comment

You look like a long haul trucker ...be safe -have fun- im sure your kat is going to have fun with no problems

Comment

Hey man, before you cross the border stop in at an auto parts store and pick up some reflective tape and put it on your top hard case facing backward. A little extra reflection may just go that extra distance in keeping you safe on this journey. Good luck, ride safe, and best of all have a blast!
                  1991 Katana 750 (GSX750F) 23K miles
                  -Mystic Color Shifting Paint (Cyan/Magenta)
                  -Corbin Seat

Comment

Awesome man!

Good luck, and keep us posted

Comment

Nice goin' Dude,
                      Keep us posted, great to see the you and the Kat out there making it happen.
                      I think you could wheelie that bad boy with all the weight on the back.
                      Your bike even makes the shovel look like it should be there.
                      Blackdog
                      DRz-400e plated
                      Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Good Luck and Be Safe
                        Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Las Vegas!!!! NM.

I can finally say Las Vegas!!!!..... but NM...
                          but all and all nice little town...

Here is the experience....

I was aiming to leave early on wend. but yes, yes, good byes the day before, and u know, last few drinks... and u know...

Then of course didn't hear the alarm and woke up by 9.

Prepping and getting the bags in place and all, left about 11 am.

beautifull day until i hit 25 south then raining for the next 7 hours...
                          i stopped to take a picture at the little western town of Santa Trinidad, or Trinidad in the gringo way... lol

Then into New Mexico. I must say that yes it dried BUT. i was so exited that i forgot to get gas...
                          Not only that but because all the rain the battery started to acting up..
                          I was in the middle of no where, already running the reserve and the clocks and the lights flashing weird... next sign said NEXT RESTING AREA 40 MILES AND NO FACILITIES.
                          Holly sh...cow in my mind i was preparing when the bike stop and then flash the upcoming traffic....
                          but the kat keep on going.... my but sore, and the kat keep on going, the gas needle alreay down.. but the kat keep going... finilly after i dont know how many miles... WELCOME TO LAS VEGAS.....Damed RIGTH!!!
                          Stopped at first gas station, filled up, then check the batery, i think is the batery, went to a super8, they said, super 65 bucks!! i said no way...
                          2 miles down the road... a little kind of biker hotel, all for 45 bucks!!! breakfast, internet, nice and clean.. all included, i was down like a 4 flat tires...lol

Next morning put the alarm at 7, woke up at 8 and went to check the kat.

Battery barely turned on the bike... and went to the nearest walmart...
                          took the battery out and talked to the manager.
                          He asked me where a was coming and where i was going, i said SA. and then he looked at me like i am a lunatic, (maybe a little) then he looked at the battery. it was everlast/walmart... so after chatting with the manager about the trip, i said well let me pay, he goes, dont worry, take a charger to the hotel charge this new one up and bring it all back, there will be no charge.. and he winked... then the typical ADIOS AMIGO.... Thank God for Walmart... and the good old people they hire

Ill hit the road again towards el paso... see you soon!!
                          Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sounds like a little rocky start. but all good! Have a safe trip and please keep us updated!

Comment

I didn't want to post til you begun your trip, good luck man! That's one hell of a trip. Have fun
                              Chrome Project Part 1
                              http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

The best of luck to you
                                The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                                http://myspace.com/solsticio
                                www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Working...
                                X