Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the roads are sometimes good...

some times this...

then all of the sudden this ...

sometimes just surprising....

Comment

• Hey, how are those Shinko's holding up? Are they completely worn out by Colombia, or still going?

Those roads can be surprising. A lot of times, those big holes are marked with a tree branch, or a pile of stones, though. Great pictures, keep them coming!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Awesome! When I see your pics I'm just envious...stay safe and keep the updates coming.

Comment

• Beautiful just beautiful man....be safe and happy New year....
          Damn Costa Rica is nice, have to plan a trip there....
          1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
          1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
          1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
          2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
          2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

• I think this trip warrants a movie.....we gotta get FDuran to fall in love somewhere down there tho to complete the Hollywood blueprint
            1999 220 KDX
            2003 450 KTM
            2003 Softail Std
            2000 Katana 750
            2004 ZZR1200

Comment

• You are the man. What a beautiful trip. I can only dream of doing that.
              -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
              sigpic

Comment

• This Shinko tires are in my opinion, really good, maybe not for the track but perfect for street and daily commute, Costarica its very nice but my heart is still in Guatemala, what a beautiful Country where indigena population has a lot of presence, its like going back on time and sharing space with a totally different mentality and lifestyle, where there is respect for life and nature...

We keep on going into panama, i was specting a total different country, like the US, in fact roads and hwys were similar, but there is a contrast of rich and poor, where the poor are the natives and the rich are the immigrants, people from many parts of the world but most from the US.

Panama city its like Miami Beach, or even better...

Yes, all that, a beautiful place for those who can afford the luxury and space...
                Panama City, a place where drugs and prostitution its the center of business when the sun goes down, a place where many locals and foreignness make a living here....

But this is the true living of the people from panama, this is THE REAL PANAMA...

The panama that many tourist and immigrants dare to visit, there is simply no entry or been exposed to any consequences...

Interesting, i found this fence, the fence that divides this two panamas, the real from the fancy its next to this hwy that enter into the "City" where there is a toll road of 10 dollars just to enter...
                Needless to say that 10 dollars is what people from the real panama makes per day....

Sadly i have to say... Grass is not green at the other side of the fence...

And this is another side of panama....

THE LOCKS.... El Canal de Panama...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 01-08-2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• FD, I am glad you posted up those last set of pictures. A lot of people in the states don't get to see that or understand poverty. I hear a lot of people say they love going to the West Indies and the Carib but never really experienced those destinations. If they only knew.

Those pictures with the fence summarizes it the best.
                  Last edited by professa_riddler; 01-08-2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                  sigpic

Comment

• What a reality check,

Greats pics by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                      FD, I am glad you posted up those last set of pictures. A lot of people in the states don't get to see that or understand poverty. I hear a lot of people say they love going to the West Indies and the Carib but never really experienced those destinations. If they only knew.

Those pictures with the fence summarizes it the best.
                      +1

Great pics stay safe and have a good time!
                      Godspeed
                      CSBA #1167
                      Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

• Last edited by FDuranCol; 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Awesome!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

• I'm so Jealous!!!
                            I invite you to church.

Comment

• Great pictures! Did you rent a car going through Panama City? It looks like one picture was taken out a car window. And how many miles have you gone so far? (You're in Colombia now, right?) Keep the rubber side down.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Thanks for posting pics and taking the time to give a narrative. Its been wonderfull following along with you vicariously. Good luk and look forward to more.

Comment

Working...
                                X