X

Mileage question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage question

Thanks to a "insert your own explative" driver I am in the market for a new to me katana.
    What is high mileage the an inline 4?
    One of the bike i have been looking at has 20K miles and I am not sure if i should shy away from it just for that level of mileage.
    The bike is a 2001 750.
    What other issues might I look for with this bike?
    Thanks for your input.

There have been alot of mileage threads lately, do a search. Bottom line, the kat engines are pretty bulletproof if any semblance of regular maintenance is done to them. I have over 30k on mine and there are plenty of people with more.
    sigpic
    »Ross Wendell
    »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
      There have been alot of mileage threads lately, do a search. Bottom line, the kat engines are pretty bulletproof if any semblance of regular maintenance is done to them. I have over 30k on mine and there are plenty of people with more.
      QFT!

2 I've seen in the last week:
      Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
      on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
      or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Thanks for the links table.
        So judging from that information 20K is nothing to worry about.
        I guess it could be considered low miles, only 2500 a year average.

Comment

Working...
        X