X

Mileage question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage question

So, I was wondering... What are high miles for 600 -1000cc motorcycles? What is their average life span if kept up on regular matinence?

THx~
    ~Hand

I would expect out of my 99600Kat atleast 35,000 before a rebuild.
    But i am not pro and wont own this bike that long. or I will have a Bandit1200 motor..
    99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

How about a more specific question? High miles for a Kat, high miles for an SS. From a selling standpoint, 6000 miles a year is considered average.

Ive read of one GSXR750 with somewhere in the neighborhood of 225,000 miles
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Handbanana View Post
        So, I was wondering... What are high miles for 600 -1000cc motorcycles? What is their average life span if kept up on regular matinence?
        Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
        on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
        or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Originally posted by NBX33 View Post
        I would expect out of my 99600Kat atleast 35,000 before a rebuild.
        The Kats will easily go 100,000 miles before needing or wanting to rebuild. That is unless you've done something to it that required a rebuild.

My 2001 turned 68,000 just a couple days ago. I expect to pass 100k miles by the time I'm able to put a new bike in the stable.
        Last edited by squiggy; 08-04-2009, 11:02 AM.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

My 99' 600 Kat is just shy of 42,000 miles. It still runs like the day I bought it (4 years ago with 15k miles). Short of routine maintenance, I've not done much to it.
          1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I just got my 99 kat 750 in march and it the guy before had done a bunch of maintenance at 25,000km. Not a rebuild though just carbs, plugs and primer and it runs amazing I've put 5,000km on it so far
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Cool. Thanks everyone. I was just wondering what high miles were considered for mid sized to larger sport bikes. No specific reason just wondering if they are similar to cars, or being a smaller displacement if they had a longer life span. Now I know and knowing is half the battle
              ~Hand

Comment

Working...
              X