X

Gonna Turbo the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna Turbo the Kat

My friend found a dude that can turbo almost any bike, he did a job on a '83 Honda, so more than likely he can install one on mine, he'll be able to do it for around 700-900 bucks. I was gonna buy a '08 CBR 1000, but I think I should just stick with what I have now, n put my money into that.
    Meow. -Count_Filth's_Katana

$700-900? Interesting.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i wish i could have a turbo , with a on off button
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malloc View Post
        i wish i could have a turbo , with a on off button

haha

Comment

If it is a guy somewhere around Phoenix, his parts are JUNK!!! I can NOT stress this enough! Chinese turbos explode & send parts through your motor & destroy EVERYTHING in the motor! Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

sweet, let us know how that goes for you
            sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
              If it is a guy somewhere around Phoenix, his parts are JUNK!!! I can NOT stress this enough! Chinese turbos explode & send parts through your motor & destroy EVERYTHING in the motor! Ray.

who makes a titanium turbo? ill take 2!
              sigpic

Comment

You are not that far away from me. Does he have a site or contact info?

Comment

My frinds says he found out that the turbo dude, does some prety good quality work. He's right here in Espanola NM. Ill let you guys know how it works out once he's done with my bike n I've rode n tested it out for a while.

Oh yea, umm, ill see if he has a site, n if he doesn't, ill check if its fine if I hand out his number or info. Im sure he won't mind if it'll give him some work.
                  Last edited by count_filth's_katana; 08-04-2009, 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

so considering just how hot our bikes get, even from just idling, i presume you've planned out a wonderful cooling solution for your bike?

or at the very least a convenient and fast method of treating the repeated third degree burns you'll be getting on your legs?
                    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                      so considering just how hot our bikes get, even from just idling, i presume you've planned out a wonderful cooling solution for your bike?

or at the very least a convenient and fast method of treating the repeated third degree burns you'll be getting on your legs?
                      forced air produces that much heat?

Comment

power to force that air's comin from somewhere.
                        charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

+1 Also curious about overheating.
                          Nuff said.

Comment

Why yes! As a matter of fact I HAVE. The front blinkers are gonna be removed and turned into vents, either for forced air or just air cooling. And im already used to the burns, I've ridden in 5 mph parades.

Comment

you'd need to do a fair bit of work to actually convert the marker spots into louvers, especially in regards to redirecting airflow to the appropriate area- you'd basically be forcing air at a 90 degree angle, which is kind of a nono. Even then it would all be moot unless you're moving at a good rate.

Thought about a larger heat exchanger up front? possibly an electric fan up front?
                              i contemplated an intercooler, but there comes the question of
                              "what is the ideal temperature range of the bike?"

Comment

Working...
                              X