X

98Kat 600 vs. 02Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98Kat 600 vs. 02Kat 750

I have a Kat 98 600. Somene is selling a 2002 Kat 750. Is it much of a difference or let's say wise if I buy the 750 and sell my 98? Thanks
    KATitoy

If you're looking for more power, and you can recoup most of the money spent on the 750 by selling the 600, I say go for it! From what I read, there are pretty minor differences between the two...like you sit more upright on a 750. I think I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.
    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
    90 GSXR 750/1216
    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
    sigpic

Comment

The 750 has more touring oriented ergonomics. It has a tiny bit more power, and a tiny bit more torque. I rode my roommate's 02 750 back to back with my 93 600 and came away from from it extremely underwhelmed. It just felt less fun, and more like just transportation. The bars were so freaking high I felt like I was sitting in an office chair.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ergonomics wise, you can make your 600 into the 750. Power wise, as was mentioned it's only a little bit more. I wouldn't go through the hassle of buying and registering one and selling the other, just to gain that little bit. If my math is correct, the engine is only a 12% increase in displacement.

I would just modify what you have now to your preference. Or get an entirely different bike.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X