X

Out of gas before I got on the bridge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of gas before I got on the bridge

Man the brige is the worst place to run out of gas or break down. These bridges around town hate me, bout a yea ago I had a rear tire blow out on one and a few weeks ago my accord died on the same one! Tonight it almost happened again... Being stuck on a bridge. I thought I was already on reserve( my mistake) and the bike started the feeling of running outta gas so I pulled it over on ground before bridge and it died. Luckey a fellow rider on a white r1 stop behind me to see what the problem was. It had gas and was not on reserve dee Dee Dee on my part, I could of had no problem at all if I would of flipped on reserve. But the other rider says he can help me out with anything mechanical in the future, that's the bright side of this lil story.
    sigpic

That sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. It's the little mistakes in life that keep us humble
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Live and learn. Glad it was just a brain fart.

Comment

that happended to me. live and learn
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

How many of yall have actually ran the tank down so far that you had to put it into reserve????

when i hit the red mark im at the gas station.

Comment

I almost alway run it to reserve, then i hit a gas station asap. I love the fact that i only need to fill the tank every 200miles (~4gallons) as opposed to my last bike which needed to be filled every 120-130 miles or so.

Comment

Originally posted by solgerny View Post
              How many of yall have actually ran the tank down so far that you had to put it into reserve????

when i hit the red mark im at the gas station.
              Count me in......The service centre I was hoping to find open was closed for repairs. Definitely not a good feeling.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I Always run it till reserve and I have a bad habbit of just throwing 75 cents in there sometimes lol and also that's how much I found in the coutch
                sigpic

Comment

I almost always run it to reserve and then find gas shortly after. The only time I don't is if I'm "playing", don't wanna have it coughing too much at a good lean...
                  sigpic
                  1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

out of gas

i ran the bandit down to when i had to fill up i got 4.89 gallons in her
                    98 GSX750F Kat
                    07 GSF1250S Bandit (her's)

Comment

Hit reserve about 50% of the time
                      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

I've never hit reserve.

Comment

once thought i had enough to get gas after dinner went up a hill and it starts going ape on me im rolling down hill in traffic trying to remember witch one is reserve
                          voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                          82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                          83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

I usually run it down to reserve almost every tank. I don't know about the schematics of how fuel is sucked out of the tank, but I imagine the reserve supply is lower on the tank than the ON position. If you never run your Reserve almost dry, then you have fuel sitting in the bottom of the tank that doesn't get burned. I know it all mixes and sloshes around while you're riding, but I just like to run it almost empty that way I know there's nothing but fresh gas in my tank.
                            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                            90 GSXR 750/1216
                            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                            sigpic

Comment

I usually run it down to reserve. Just depends if I am in and around town or out where gas stations are less frequent.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                              X