X

93 kat flat spot wont idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 kat flat spot wont idle

my bike is a 93 gsx 600f all stock excep full yoshi exh and a jet kit i have stock air cleaner the bike has a flat spot @ 6500 and it will not idle below 3000 i have cleaned the carbs 3-4 and fond nothing carb are cinked any idias note is it posible that the ignition is falty when i first ride no flat spot bike warms up it ocurs i checked air fuel mix its right on the mark and how dos the cdi work on these bikes how many stages are ther thanks for the help

When you say the A/F is right on the mark, what do you mean? How many turns from bottomed out? It sounds like it's running lean to me. Especially when you say it's not there when cold, but there when warmed up. You might need to richen up the A/F screws a bit.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

the mix screws are 2.5 turns and the a?f mix at the tail pipe is 12points @ 11500 rpm @ mid it is 13.1 @ idle it is @14.2 these numbers are good for an engs runing abilitys

Comment

a rich problem gets worse as the bike warms up. A lean problem gets better. True story. I don't think this is an ignition problem.

Comment

well, i had may be a similar problem(dont know if you got the same)

my kat would star from the started but with a little push it was starting
          now idle ,stay about 3-4000rpm(dont know exactly, my rmp meter is missing) when i try to put them down the bike dies, anothe problem the bike was doin no more than 120-130km/h.
          i thought its a carb problem, but after 2 months of checks(even made my oun carb system with a car carb and custom collectors) i gave my carbs t oa friend who has kat 1100,when he put my carbs n his bike the bike was even faster then with his own(how he bought 750 carbs and drives with them)

it was the f$$cken coil,replaced one of the coils and the bike was like new

check the coils resistance, must be around 3 ohms
          Live to ride,
          Ride KATANA!

Comment

i have never seen a coil do that when a coil gose bad it usually heats up and shorts out and kills power it is more likely that the cdi is bad but i havent herd any thing about them on forrms and your the first one to bring up coils

Comment

well i haven`t read for this in forums too,thats way i was looking the problem in the carbs for 2 months ,even tought it is the synchro and built this to heal the problem

so much effort for a coil, i didn`t believe it till i push the start button and my kat came to live

i explain it ot myself this way-the coil produses weaker spark and the explosion is to weak to run the engine at idle
              and the spark is so weak tha when you hit the throttle the fuel just extinguishextinguishes it, my explanation ...can`t see what actually happens it the bike
              Last edited by chemomche; 07-24-2009, 05:30 AM.
              Live to ride,
              Ride KATANA!

Comment

i dint know i did just go out and bot a new eng out of a 96 no flat spot bot it dosnt want to idle below 3000 if it drops down below 3000 it farts and dies but i havent checked the carb sinc yet any thoughts

Comment

Working...
                X