X

pre600's hard seat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre600's hard seat.

My girlfriend says the passenger seat makes her butt hurt after an hour or 2. she says the seat is too hard a it makes her but slide around when braking. so my question is what type of material is the sv650 's seat made of? when i briefly owned an sv i took her for a ride and said her but stayed put. and she liked the material. im gonna reupholster an extra kat seat with it.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

I added a half inch of med density black foam to my rear seat and the top of the front seat (to keep it level) for my wife, then recovered it with a decent soft vinyl and she said it made a world of difference. You could also add 2 BMX seat gel pads inlayed into the stock foam (about a 1/2" thick total), then put the 1/2" foam over the top of that to make it real nice for her. if sliding is a problem, you might also want to consider making a poor mans backrest for her.
    Last edited by Psycho1; 07-21-2009, 01:01 AM.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
      My girlfriend says the passenger seat makes her butt hurt after an hour or 2. .
      mine says I make hers sore after an hour or two too!!

I got a pre seat for sale if your looking for one
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

i have a pre seat already i just need material that will not let her slide around and will keep out water....

the poor mans back rest seems like a cool idea but ill still want better material to stop her from sliding forward into me during medium -hard braking.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

try velcro !
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

A textured vinyl will help some with the sliding around. So will adding in 1/2 of foam. You can pick up a couple of the gel seats as was mentioned for about $25 after tax, or you could pick up one of these and mold it in the seat when you recover it for a little more (thicker and bigger).

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i thouhgt the girls prefer it hard
              sit on a chair for an hour or two and your butt will hurt too
              what see expects, this is a motorcycle not the sofa at home
              Live to ride,
              Ride KATANA!

Comment

Sprague - Do you have any other pics of the back rest mounting?

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                  Sprague - Do you have any other pics of the back rest mounting?

I sanded the bottom piece under the grab bar to match the arc so it fits better and holds pretty solid.
                  Last edited by Psycho1; 07-21-2009, 08:08 PM.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

backrest for the pre 600
                    Chrome Project Part 1
                    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Cool, Thanks.

Comment

jus super glue her butt to the seat then she'll never had to wory about sliding or getting off for that matter lol

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                          i have a pre seat already i just need material that will not let her slide around and will keep out water....

the poor mans back rest seems like a cool idea but ill still want better material to stop her from sliding forward into me during medium -hard braking.
                          IMO the best way to stop her from sliding into you during braking is to make her ride her own bike.
                          sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Working...
                          X