Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a pack of smokes and a wind screen once not same bike though

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      I was riding behind someone who lost their muffler one time...

Down a long straight, they took off at a high rate... I decided I would hold back a little. Next thing I see is sparks all over the place and think they went down... to ride up and see the muffler just sitting in the middle of the road.

Turns out they have mounted it with only the pipe clamp, and never put a side bracket or the spring on it...

Krey
      Lol, luckily I didn't go down. I forgot to tighten the pipe clamp, and I had a hose clamp wrapped around the can and the pass. footpeg. Hose clamp is the only thing that kept it from coming all the way off.

It doesn't matter now, though, as someone obviously needed my mid-pipe and can more than I did.
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mather_builders View Post
        I will certainly do my part in rewarding him for his good dead.

Hope that's enough.

The kid does something nice and you're gonna kill him?

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
          The kid does something nice and you're gonna kill him?
          ...teach that little goody twoshoes about life......

Don't think that is what he meant.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

hahahaha I was gonna comment on that but figgured I wasnt gonna pizz on his parade! People around here usually strip it clean and toss the leather. If you didnt realize it was gone fast enough then you filled theirs and allllll there buddys tanks up bought 10 cartons of smokes and owe the bank a mountain of cash in overdraft fees! Not to mention loosing every ID ya own. glad your story came with a happy ending. Well you know what I mean lol
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Happy Endings? Little kids? How did we get back on Michael Jackson?

Comment

Complete set of Keys, and two cellphones. But one of the cellphones was recovered and still using it.
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014
                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

My security ID badge for work....and more recently my prescription sunglasses
                  forgetting to zip pockets sometimes sucks...........
                  vwvortex.com : jettajake00
                  midmoriders.com :jettajake00
                  Go Cardinals!

Comment

Originally posted by CuttinCorners View Post
                    Many pairs of OAKLEYS...

Thatsa pricey mistake. Ive lost a pair out jetskiing but never on my bike. Lost a blue tooth while I was out squidin around town. Traffic crushed it immediately after. My own dang fault.
                    Last edited by JokerZwild; 07-20-2009, 10:25 PM.
                    Joker
                    The newest addition to the Family!
                    sigpic
                    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

My mind!

....no, not really...that was gone long ago...

Comment

Lucky haven't lost anything riding the bike.. But on the sled lost cellphone and other stuff.. Frozen diet soda tool kits... You name it... But then again at 3,000+ miles a year on the sled at -40F some days forgetting to zip a pocket is not nearly as bad as losing the skin on your face like I did one, because you didn't close you sheild... Frost bit can suck...

Comment

my 30G ipod...somehow survived the fall and layed in the road for two hours, got ran over, and it still works! Only had a few dents on the back and one sliver of pixels dont work on the left side of the screen...other than that cant tell it happened! I was in shock the screen wasnt shattered when I dropped it let alone when it got ran over.

Comment

Lost a cell phone when I was riding my quad out in the forest looking for my bull that got loose one day. Worst thing I lost though was a $125 pair of Serengheti sunglasses.
                            John,
                            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd just finished up the TLC my Kat badly needed from the PO 2 springs ago and took her out for a quick rip. lost the pen out of my pocket. no big deal but it was the one with my name ingraved in it, given to me by my father as a christmas present back in 1982. (each of us had gotten one with our names engraved that year) spent the next few weeks slowly cruising that stretch of county road whenever i had a free moment. never did find it tho.

lost quite a few packs of smokes from t-shirt pockets, and kickstand pads. Had the sidecover come off the baby kawi 2 weeks ago. thankfully a couple kids in a car grabbed it and chased me down to return it. It's being repainted as we speak as it got pretty well gacked up.

best one ever tho didnt happen to me, but i saw it. guy on a bare miniumum harley lost his front exhaust. he stoped, had a chug of his beer he had being held on the bars somehow, and went to pick up the pipe. burnt the crap outta his bare hand. he was dancing around, waving his hand swearing up a storm. I almost peed my pants laughing. after a few more chugs of his beer, he finally took off his boot, wrapped the leather upper round the pipe to pick it up and stuff it back on. took another chug of his beer, and off he went.
                              Last edited by DumbLuck; 07-21-2009, 01:16 AM. Reason: speeling
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

do cops count? :P

no really lost a full water bottle from my net now i have hard bags so wont happen again
                                voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                                82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                                83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Working...
                                X