X

might have to get rid of the kat :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might have to get rid of the kat :(

so guys, i write this thread with a bit of a heavy heart. might just have to sell the kat!

the wife did have a good job, and was there for nearly 2 years, until her pink slip arrived last month... damn economy, way too many lay off's. she's been busting her @ss trying to find something, but honestly, there is NOTHING out there!

so, its come down to this. i'm prolly going to have to sell the kat just to pay the bills until she can find something. and god, will i miss her.

one of the parts that sucks the most too, we're moving to florida in 2 months, and i was excited bout all year riding....

dont worry tho, KR isnt losing a member... this is prolly the best forum i've ever been on

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
    "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

sorry man. I am moving to fla too. I can't sell my house though...
    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

You'll find another bike, it's only temporary.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Things will get better, they truly will. You'll have another bike if you're forced to sell the one you have.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

florida's alot like texas... not much fun riding in a straight line year round....

But you'll be on a bike again before you know it...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Chin up! I understand the feeling all too well.
            sigpic

Comment

It's rough out there, hopefully something will turn up before you have to sell!

Comment

hey man there is a reason for everything even if it doesn't make sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by airforceranger49 View Post
                  so guys, i write this thread with a bit of a heavy heart. might just have to sell the kat!

the wife did have a good job, and was there for nearly 2 years, until her pink slip arrived last month... damn economy, way too many lay off's. she's been busting her @ss trying to find something, but honestly, there is NOTHING out there!

so, its come down to this. i'm prolly going to have to sell the kat just to pay the bills until she can find something. and god, will i miss her.

one of the parts that sucks the most too, we're moving to florida in 2 months, and i was excited bout all year riding....

dont worry tho, KR isnt losing a member... this is prolly the best forum i've ever been on
                  I feel your pain bro. My wife has been out of work for 8 months. Thank goodness for unemployment. When she first got laid off she had tons of contacts and prospects. But the economy took a dump so freaking fast that all of those dried up.

Whats funny now is that one of the companies she interviewed with months ago called her and hired her part time, just to get her in the door. And then move to full time.

Hang in there bro. A bike is just a bike, you can always get another.
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                  2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                  2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                  1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

thanks for the support guys... i know that in the grand scheme of everything, the bike really means nothing.... family ALWAYS comes first, over everything. it still just a bummer to get rid of my baby, right as she's finally coming along... but it's just temporary... i'll be back on 2 wheels again very soon!

"for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads

Comment

I can identify, my Bigkat may be going on the block pretty soon too ...... right now I am not a happy camper
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

well guys, GREAT news here...

one of the biggest things that ive realized since i got married, is that you dont only marry your spouse... you marry their family. and i think i may be one of the lucky few. not only has my wife's family taken me in, and treated me as a member of the family since day one... they came through for us in a huge way... so it looks like i'm going to be able to keep the kat!!!

so from this experience i've learned two things... one... having to sell the thing you love sucks... but you do what gotta do, ESPECIALLY when it comes to those that are most important. two.... i really have realized what a great family i have married into... not just cuz they're helping us out, but mainly because of the sacrifices they are willing to make, no matter what, to help out the ones they love... it really shows you the strength, loyalty, and devotion that a family should have toward each other...

so all in all... GREAT DAY TODAY!!

my build threads

Comment

That is great news!! Having a good family is always a great thing.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
                            That is great news!! Having a good family is always a great thing.
                            +1
                            That's awesome! Good (and BIG) families is always a plus....especially at birthdays, christmas, house-warming parties, weddings, etc.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!!!
                            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                            90 GSXR 750/1216
                            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                            sigpic

Comment

glad to hear things worked out for you! hopefully by the time you make your way down here to florida, things will all be straightened out and moving along peacefully with no more worries.
                              2004 Katana
                              GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X