X

Rear tire size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgar-dario View Post
    i put a Dunlop gp 190-55-17 rear with the stock swingarm and 120-70-17 in front on my kat 2001...............believer or not!..........the tire rear finally size is 18.2cm and no problema amigo!

finally feeling a LOT better than the stock tire ........... high speed (232 kmh) & cornering.....

one question:
    how measure for the width of the rim? you know that ?.... inside(this means for the side of the rim paint) or outside (inside of the tire)?
    i measured 5.6 "width inside..........

(i see that example like a circle inside or outside)......help me!!!!!!!!!!

See my detailed info on why that tire is not fitted correctly here in response to your other thread.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

182mm wide when the tire you have on your rim should be 198mm wide.... No, it's not fitting your rim correctly.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Hey all ! I have a 1996 kat and I'm determined to fix her up to look extremely beautiful, first I need to know what swing arm will fit on my 96 kat & i wanna be able to fit a 180 tire. thanks folks !

Comment

Your gonna have to get one custom made.
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

I just posted this on another thread, but I have been running 140/70 on my pre (rear) I thought that was stock...gues I am wrong.
          "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Mattaua View Post
            I just posted this on another thread, but I have been running 140/70 on my pre (rear) I thought that was stock...gues I am wrong.
            Stock pre 600 tire was a 140/80V17 Dunlop K655.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah i like 150s for winter 170s for summer i didnt like the 180 i tried once, i had very little contact patch on the tired i had to burn it down alittle to make it alittle wider but i like the feel of the 160, i think im going 160 winter 170 summer.

Comment

tire.jpgThis is what i have on My bike...i took this pic few days ago.
                2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
                2007 Subaru Impreza
                2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

I have couple of questions. I would really like to run pilot powers on my Pre 750. However the narrowest tire they offer is a 160. Would I need up upgrade to a post rear wheel to run one? Is that even possible to run a post rear wheel on a pre?

Comment

160 is OK

Comment

I found that I can get these in the stock size: http://www.conti-online.com/generato...attack_en.html

Not sure if they are as good as pilot powers though. The tires that are on my Kat right now are 9 years old, because the bike sat a long time before I bought it. So they are super hard.

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      160 is OK
                      even though the Pre wheel is only 3.5'' compared to 4.5'' on a post.. ?
                      Last edited by stephenspann27; 04-09-2011, 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

160 conti road attack right now, will use a 170 next time.
                        not to many MFG make a 170 or larger for a 4.5" rim

Most 160 will be fine.
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                          160 conti road attack right now, will use a 170 next time.
                          not to many MFG make a 170 or larger for a 4.5" rim

Most 160 will be fine.
                          Since my bike is a Pre 750, the wheel is 3.5'' so I think even a 160 is pushing it..

how do you like the conti?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenspann27 View Post
                            I found that I can get these in the stock size: http://www.conti-online.com/generato...attack_en.html

Not sure if they are as good as pilot powers though. The tires that are on my Kat right now are 9 years old, because the bike sat a long time before I bought it. So they are super hard.

even though the Pre wheel is only 3.5'' compared to 4.5'' on a post.. ?
                            I have heard that is an awesome tire... They have it in the 150mm so go for it,

Comment

Originally posted by stephenspann27 View Post
                              Since my bike is a Pre 750, the wheel is 3.5'' so I think even a 160 is pushing it..

how do you like the conti?
                              yeah with the pre and 3.5" wheel stick with a 150

The conti road attacks are great tires... Ive run michelin pilots Activ's and Roads, Avon, bridgestone and Metz.
                              Im going to stick with the Conti road attacks for now. I love how they hook up. Not the longest lasting tire Ive used but damn they grip better then most I have run, including the Z6's and pilots. They perform more like a soft compount sport tire then a touring tire, but they also wear like it to.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

HD.Correct me if I'm wrong but the Conti is a lot cheaper that the others you mentioned..

Comment

Working...
                                X