X

What Would You Pay!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Pay!!

For a fully complete, good condition, original paint pre kat 750 with a blown motor.

Ive found a parts bike complete. It just has a blown motor exactly what I was looking for. I am going to rebuild my baby. I already know what I have to pay to get the bike but, uhh how much would you pay I dont wanna get ripped off too much. After I get some input il tell you how much he wants for it.....
    92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
    01 mercury cougar
    00 cougar black
    sigpic

assuming its gotta a clean title 100 bucks.
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I'd say $500 max.
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

Ditto on $500 max as long as I had another engine ready to drop into it.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

200-300 here...no run=no fun

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yeah you see my avatar Ill just be transfering all the parts to it. I recently had a wreck at 70mph and trashed the gauges fairings everything cosmetic EVERYTHING... This bike will make mine whole again then all i will need to do is some paint and a few minor repairs...

First bike? Old rider that learned a new lesson?
            Post your questions, tips and experiences here so we can all learn from them!

heres the thread of my wreck so you get a better idea of what im doing...
            01 mercury cougar
            00 cougar black
            sigpic

Comment

If it's fully complete, excellent condition with title and the only issue is a blown motor?.... I would go as high as $800 easily. Engines are easy to drop and swap, and can be found relatively inexpensively.

If I was selling a bike like that, I would tell anyone who offered less than $500 to take a hike. Break it down (not a full piece by piece part out) with just the fairings as a set (250+ easy on ebay), frame with good title (another 200 easy on ebay), carbs $100, forks $100... but then, I see alot of people that suggest you rely on finding someone who doesn't have a clue on the value and try to low ball them. If you can find a sucker, then go for it.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

$500 max if plastix are good!
                I personally wouldn't pay more than $300
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

$200-$500

$500 only if the plastics are absolutely mint.
                  sigpic
                  »Ross Wendell
                  »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

I would stay under 500 also.

Comment

Ok well I bought it For $450. It has been laid over on one side pretty bad, but it can be fixed not any major damage. The engine is not blown either the crank case just has a crack in it. Which the guy threw in a fresh bottom half crank case to go with it (half my money right there)!!

Really I dont understand how you could buy one any cheaper than around 500 bux. Ive already gotten my money back in the fairings, tank, and gauges not to count the free crank case, and I still have the whole bike left other than the cosmetic stuff.
                      01 mercury cougar
                      00 cougar black
                      sigpic

Comment

sounds like a decent deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          200-300 here...no run=no fun

The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                          X