X

IT's ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT's ALIVE!

As some of you know.. I've been in Kuwait for some times and my kat has been in storage. I had everything lined up to get off plane and start bike up and ride it the next day to the shop. Tires, sprockets, chain and oil change.

Jumped on the pig... turned the key, nuthin.. grr.. Ok.. batter.. but battery tender says good to go. Hmmmm.. Ok.. so fiddle with the tender a bit.. ok.. again nothin... Well. i need to go buy a chain anyways.. so let me roll out to the bike store. After asking for a 530/120 chain, duder at the bike store brought out a 520/118 anda 525/120 chain...

After I pointed out he was a dumbass and his co-workers were like, ummmm.. dude.. NOT 530.. he brings me a ... wait for it... 530, ROLLER chain... I was umm.. no. so he had a battery, but not sealed, so went to another bike store.

Dude THERE gives me a POST Kat battery.. no fitty.. but the chain works fine... o-ring.. not X-ring.. but beggers can't be choosers.

battery don't fit.. take it back.. it's not 5:30.. I am screwed.. so I call the bike shop owner, he makes mention that he has batteries and so on.. he kinda makes a snide comment of "oh.. so you want me to pick it up in the morning too?" I make the comment back "Oh.. you DO that?"

"well... I charge $25 pickup fee"... me.. "Ok.. double it" Him... "ooooOOOOoooo. ok... 8am?" ... Me... "sure.. np"

So he pickes up the bike.. i give him all the parts...

I stop by at 9:30 and give him a rivit master link and give the shop $30 for pizza ( they are being super awesome )

went out to lunch with Jinx and about 3 hrs later.. I get a call.. Yep.. bike's totall done and running like a top.

Show up... runs great! he had to tweak it a little to get it running again.. but yep... mostly for labor and such, was $350 total (including battery and such).. but for the service I recieved.. not gonna even ***** a little Front Range cycle is Top Notch in my book!
    sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Awesome! Glad you have her running again!

Also: what Thaz said....
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

yea thaz.. Is kinda geyhey me trying to tack self pix.. I'll have jinx snap off a few before I leave out.

prob post paint job though!
        Last edited by depths_of_mind; 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
        '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
        '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Dum dumm... don't wanna to mention something else? LOL
          Chris is a upbeat fellow! He's so happy to be riding his bike something like this
          '98 Suzuki GSX600 Katana

Comment

I got 2 things to say,
            #1 Welcome home!
            #2 Congrats on getting her running!
            If you think routine maintenance is expensive,... Try Ignorance!

Comment

Originally posted by JinxXx0085 View Post
              Dum dumm... don't wanna to mention something else? LOL
              Chris is a upbeat fellow! He's so happy to be riding his bike something like this

Dude, don't hold out.... whats this something else that needs mentioning?

Glad you're back and can enjoy the ride....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
              X