X

Question for someone who has both a old and new Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for someone who has both a old and new Katana

Do you sit more upright on the new style Katana?

I have 600s from both era's and i don;t think yo sit higher on one or the other, though, the wind shield is taller on the 98+ bike

Comment

Good question man. i have a 2002 750, i don't know about the older or newest kats.

Seat height: 790 mm (31.1 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
      Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

If there is a difference it is probably due to sag in the older bike's suspension, allowing for a lower seat heighth? They should both have the same seating position...
        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Keep in mind that a 750 is going to be more upright than a 600 anyways.

I own a pre 98 and have riden numerous 98+ Kats. I feel that the 98+ bikes ARE more upright. THe pegs are also a bit lower and will scrape much faster. I also think the suspension is softer on teh newer bikes as well. The ones I have riden ALL felt like a more plush ride and wallowed more than mine. Maybe none of them had the suspension dialed in at all, I don't know, but that is my take on it.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
          X