X

Starting Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91katana_750 View Post
    Thanks alot mojoe wouldnt have thought about that...Do you think a clutch perch from a 600 will fit a 750?
    that is something you have to ask one of the other guys. I am an 1100 guy. don't know much about what you can swap from a 600 to a 750.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Ok will do....Got to clean the gas tank out (Towmorrow) and get it on there and see what she does...

Comment

hey....did you ever have that motor backfire on you while starting? was there anything strange that happened just before your problem started? I am just trying to figure out why your starter clutch did that. Mine didn't do anything strange. I shut the bike off, and that was it.

Comment

No i got if like this....Wouldnt turn over. The guy i got it from said it had been sitting for a year and a half.

Comment

ok...I'm guessing it backfired when he tried to start it and if flipped the pawls over in the stater clutch. there ain't much else that will do that. .

Comment

Cleaned the tank out and hooked the hoses up and tried to crank it and it didnt fire up and then i figured out the petcock was turned down and i tried to turn the knob and it didnt work so i guess its sezied up so ima get a new one........

Comment

probably time for a rebuild
                Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

How do you rebuild them?

Comment

How do you rebuild them?
                    A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

And yes, the clutch perch is the same between 600 and 750s for the pres.

Dude, VERY glad to hear you figured out the starter/motor turning over issue. It had me scratching my head too!

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Glad i finaly got it to turn over to now to get this petcock rebuilt and try it out and see what happens. Just out of curiosity what if i get it rebuilt and it still doesnt fire up??

Comment

Glad i finaly got it to turn over to now to get this petcock rebuilt and try it out and see what happens. Just out of curiosity what if i get it rebuilt and it still doesnt fire up??
                        You can check the current petcock to see if it's flowing. Just put a line on the back at the vacuum and suck on it... if gas flows, it's working right.

No gas, that might be an issue.

You can make an alternative fuel source by using a cheap radiator overflow bottle from the parts store and run a splitter off it to the carbs in the mean time to see if the bike will run.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok will do

Comment

Just got my petcock rebuild kit in today!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK i just rebuilt the petcock and its working cause i tested it like krey told me to. But when i hook up all the lines to the tank all it does is turn over and when i pull the lines off the tank they dont have any gas in them. So does that mean i dont have any vaccum pulling the gas??

Comment

OK i just rebuilt the petcock and its working cause i tested it like krey told me to. But when i hook up all the lines to the tank all it does is turn over and when i pull the lines off the tank they dont have any gas in them. So does that mean i dont have any vaccum pulling the gas??
                                Put the petcock of prime, (facing backwards) and try to fire the motor. Prime doesnt need vacuum to run. So if the petcock isnt stuck shut you should get gas. After the bike is running, take the vacuum line off and put your finger on it to see if vacuum is present.
                                Originally posted by arsenic
                                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X