No announcement yet.
X

First Bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 miles, it hasnt even been near broke in yet.. including the trailer and gear.. I'd try and talk him down alittle, just simply because all the way that you're driving to get it, I'd try an chew him down some..see if he'll bite on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbass
      Not to question you on this Loud but just cause a bike has more miles on it does not mean it was not abused during the "break in phase."

In addition this break in period is a myth according to some articles I have read. Will try to find them and post.

The quality control programs and the advances in technology have allowed for parts to be machined to a much greater precicsion and there is no real break in period in this day and age for modern machines.

That being said I would still baby her in the first few thousand miles or so but it is not necassary, but that is just me.
      I know, I know. I'm fully aware that most bikes were probably abused during break-in.... HOWEVER.... If there are more miles on the bike, with 1 owner, I could make myself believe that it was properly broken in. Was it really? Who knows?! But I can make myself believe it was. If it's still in that break in period, then I can't do that. Every vehicle I've ever owned, I've made a reasonable attempt in to break the land speed record. I could never sell a vehicle without knowing what it does, first. And I assume it's not just me. So, really, I'm just trying to trick myself. And dammit, now you're screwing it up for me! I'm going to start to question myself now.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Oh, and it's almost gaurenteed that you'll drop the bike during the learning period. Because of that, it's a general rule to not spend a lot of $$ and get an older used bike as a 1st bike.[/quote]

i have to agree cause i know that if i had dropped a branad new bike or close to new then i would have been pissed cause i put mine down withing my first 4 months. i baught an old 87 zx6 that i paid liek 1200 for
        The lord is the only passenger I ride with

Comment

Working...
        X