Is this a fair price for a 98?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like a good deal in my eyes

Comment

seems like a good price to me, the people that dont think it is, must have a market flooded with Katana's, because it is hard to find one near me for that price.
      Bling....

Comment

look for a bike with less miles on it

Comment

As far as oil goes I just switched over to Mobil 1 full synthetic. But I still think you should look for lower mileage (regardless of the price you can negotiate)- even if you have to go to a different make of bike. But it's your decision man.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Doesn't seem to bad, what is the blue book on the bike? Remember you don't always get the money you put into it back. Test ride it first also, it makes a diffence.

Comment

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
              What do you guys suggest for a motorcycle?
              Motorcycle oil. I use Amsoil and Rotella T Synthetic.

DO NOT USE CAR OIL.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

FRom what i can tell the price change from city to city a bit i dont think it is all that high maybe a few hundred off

I think i would offer him 2500 and see what he says

My 96 has 32000 on it now and seems to run out just fine and im sure it has plenty of life left in it as i see no indicators on plugs etc to tell me things are realy wearing out

I did have to do a clutch adjustment that made a huge diffrence in the overall operation of bike

thanks to the thread on clutch adjustment here it took 20 mins and totaly put a new feel to riding it

I have put 1500 miles on in last 2 weeks i bet i get another 30k on this before i even thing about rebuilding maybe more if i put the fan mod on it
                Last edited by wepainters; 06-27-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X