X

Atlanta afternoon rain showers x2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta afternoon rain showers x2

Soooooo, while I am waiting on my Alternator to get here for the Legend, I have been riding the Katana to work 40 miles one way. The first day I rode it was about 2:30pm and the clouds started rolling in. By 2:45pm it just looks dark. I leave work at 3:30pm and it had already started to rain.I come out of the building and it is coming down. I mentally get into rain mode in my mind thinking back to all the information the MSF instructors taught us about riding in the rain. I take a deep breath and pull out the parking deck. Fortunately, it only rain for about 10 miles or so and the rest cloudy, but clear.

Today, it is cloudy but looks like the rain will hold off. I get to the bike and gear up. By the time I hit the expressway,mile or so, it is sprinkling and then within minutes raining. But I'm thinking it will probably do like before and stop. Well, it keeps coming down and actually gets worse. At one point it even stopped raining, at which time I unzipped the jacket. I go a mile up the highway and it starts coming down again. At this point I pull over on the side under the bridge and zip the jacket. The drive home today was 1hr and 30min in the rain. I was slow, but can't say steady. At one point I was changing lanes and for some reason go on the throttle just a lil more than I should for the conditions. Fortunately, nothing happened and I think that was due to a pratically new Conti on the back. I realize that when riding in wet conditions and a pretty saturared expressway that slow and steady is the way to go. It's only been my second time riding in the rain but it was cool. I just need to get my a rain suit, some wax on the visor and I think I would be good.
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

rainx on the visor works well.... i love riding in the rain its like washing the bike taking a shower and doing some laundry all in one....
    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Should have seen me coming back from FL. Between Valdosta and Warner Robins it feel a flood. Some areas of the road had 4 inches of water across it. Me on my new GSXR and a plugged tire....
      ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post
        rainx on the visor works well.... i love riding in the rain its like washing the bike taking a shower and doing some laundry all in one....
        You know that is very true. By the time I got home, my pants were soaked, underwear too, and shoes soaked as well. Just need a rain suit.

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
        Should have seen me coming back from FL. Between Valdosta and Warner Robins it feel a flood. Some areas of the road had 4 inches of water across it. Me on my new GSXR and a plugged tire....
        WOW, that sounds just lovely there Pacer. Glad you made it safe. I believe GOD has a funny since of humor because rain was always the one thing I kinda shy'd away from thinking at a motorcycle in the rain was not stable, but on the contrary. Bike was very stable.
        Last edited by redciv1; 06-22-2009, 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Lemon Pledge works about as well as rainx. Also lemon pledge can clean your whole bike =)

Comment

Working...
          X