X

Got my first ticket...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post
    well i asked one of my best friends that is the main traffic sheriff here, the tail light/ running lights are the only lights on a vehicle that have to be red the lens can be any color you want it to be as long as it shines through red, however he said the statutes about colored lights says you can have any color but green as long as they are in the center of the vehicle... he also said to look up the the laws on where your licence plate can be mounted... he said here it only has to be on the back of the bike and visible from " i think " 20 feet, but he wasnt sure on the distance without looking it up and he was at the grocery store... if its the same there just take a picture from that distance to court with you and the judge will drop it.
    No Green lights/Led's? any reason for it? Kinda shoots a future project to hell in a handbasket if is indeed illegal in CO.
    sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
      my plate is just held onto the bike with 2 short pieces of plumbers strap at the back of the bike. Cheap and legal.
      There are 3 pics of kats in this thread, and all of them have continental tires. Anyone else notice that? I love mine so far. (about 700 miles)
      Let's go riding!

Comment

I can see why you got the ticket, that plate is pretty well buried in the bowels of your wheelwell.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I replaced my turn signals with amber colored bulbs and ordered the amber version of the rear flush mounts that I have on my bike now. As far as my plate goes I will let you guys know what I do with it but for right now I bent it down so its more visible. I think I am gonna fab a small bracket for it and try and keep it pretty clean looking. I'll snap some pictures of it once I get it figured out...maybe next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by depths_of_mind View Post
            No Green lights/Led's? any reason for it? Kinda shoots a future project to hell in a handbasket if is indeed illegal in CO.

Colorado is like California when it comes to additional lights on motor vehicals. You can put all the different colors you want, solid, strobe, flashing, neon...etc but you can't have them on while going down the road. Only while parked. However, if it is set up to look like an emergency vehicle, (Red/blue, Red/Red, Blue/Blue) and flash forward, then you can get written up even if you aren't using them going down the road. Tough to prove it is for anything but show but an officer with a bad hair day could try.
            Amber is the only color allowed on civilian vehicles that are in addition to the original lights, or you can add additional tail/brake lights without issue. Green however is not used in Colorado for anything official as volunteer units typically run red/amber or Red/red. But there are some states that use Green for Volunteer fire. Plows also typically use amber/blue or amber/green in colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
              There are 3 pics of kats in this thread, and all of them have continental tires. Anyone else notice that? I love mine so far. (about 700 miles)
              I have noticed that.....I just got a set of road attacks on mine due to the overwhelming like of those tires on the forum....it was those or metzler interacts....
              I got a 160 60 rear on my 01 750...just recently got a chance to get down on them after I scuffed them (natural slow riding)
              I like the way they ride-smooth....and they grip good...my lean angle seems a little less though I have roughly the same entry speed and everything...I guess the curvature difference makes a little different but slightly....that, or maybe it's just in my head...
              I have only had them a couple hundred miles and I am close to the edge but still have a little left to go...The last set of Z6's I had were down to the edge
              vwvortex.com : jettajake00
              midmoriders.com :jettajake00
              Go Cardinals!

Comment

no fwd facing Red or blues. Deff. No strobes unless its parked of road. But a white lens and a red bulb are fine. so long as there DOT approved.
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

5 warnings before a ticket?! Lol excuse me if I don't seem sympathetic! I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                    5 warnings before a ticket?! Lol excuse me if I don't seem sympathetic! I'm jealous.
                    i hear that, i think iv only got 1 warning in my life!

Comment

i thought if you had a red bulb you were fine, i like using the smoke signals. there legal

Comment

$79.00, that's one hell of a deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X