Close call... almost highsided

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tindallt View Post
    How fast where you going?
    I was riding at a responsible speed. The intersection is only a few minutes away, so my tires arent warmed up by the time I get there. (I'm sure that contributed a little)
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Well my a** end got away from me at 70 mph and cost me my bike and many injurys. So i have to say nice save bro
      92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
      01 mercury cougar
      00 cougar black
      sigpic

Comment

Nice save Sharpie6. Had a similar experience last weekend. First rain after several weeks of nice weather. Stopped at an intersection and took the free right, but I had to make it across a couple lanes to take a left at the next intersection. Since traffic was heavy, I had to hit the throttle pretty hard to get out in front of the guy coming in the fast lane. I got sideways, and made my usual instinctive mistake. I chopped the throttle when the slide felt like it was beyond saving. The bike tried to high side. I got back into the throttle to avoid the high side and to keep from getting whacked by the cage in the fast lane, and slid a little more before finally getting some traction. You'd think I'd learn a little better throttle control after dozens of close calls like this over the years. My hat's off to you for saving your slide. There's no substitute for that adrenaline rush after you realize how close you came to disaster, though, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by fablican View Post
          There's no substitute for that adrenaline rush after you realize how close you came to disaster, though, is there?
          Def. not. I was takin it pretty easy for a while after that.
          Let's go riding!

Comment

Working...
          X