X

Spark Plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plugs

I was a little shocked the other day to find that spark plugs for my 99' Kat cost $8.25 each (just a little higher than the $1.25 for my car)! Is this a typical price? I couldn't believe when the shop guy said it'd be almost $50 for an oil filter and 4 spark plugs.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

yea mine cost about $6.50 a piece not sure on why though since the msrp on ngk's web site is only 3.95 a piece(for the jr9c)

im sure someone else can help you on why.
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Its called "markup". All the shops do it. Unfortionately!
      Katana 750 2002

Comment

You can get the jr9c's at advanced auto or almost any other parts store for half of what a dealer sells them. Check the auto parts stores next time!!!

They may have to order them (cause they dont usually keep those on hand) but theyll be there fast..
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have iriduim plugs, and they run like $12 bucks a peice here
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

wow....my dealer only charged me $4.25 CDN for each of my plugs.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i think I paid around 7 bucks last time i did mine

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

You know, you don't HAVE to run NGK plugs just because that is what they came with. I have used Champions and Autolite plugs regularly with excellent results. Just get the auto parts place to run a cross reference for you.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                  You know, you don't HAVE to run NGK plugs just because that is what they came with. I have used Champions and Autolite plugs regularly with excellent results. Just get the auto parts place to run a cross reference for you.
                  +1......and I have tried the more expensive plugs like the split-fire thingies, as well as others....and to be honest, I never found any real gain in performance.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: Spark Plugs

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                    I was a little shocked the other day to find that spark plugs for my 99' Kat cost $8.25 each (just a little higher than the $1.25 for my car)! Is this a typical price? I couldn't believe when the shop guy said it'd be almost $50 for an oil filter and 4 spark plugs.
                    Whow, what a prize....
                    I paid about 5€ each plug...... NGK CR9EK.....
                    Greetings from north of Germany
                    wosaka

Jesus says: Life is a cross.....
                    Odin says: Life is a hammer....

Better Odin than Jesus!!

Comment

Re: Spark Plugs

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                      Damn!!! You are getting ripped off. Here in Mexico I paid $3.5 for each sparkplug!
                      Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

I bought mine through Advance (Discount) Auto parts. I paid about $7.50 for all 4. They're the stock NGKs. They had to order them but they came in the next day at 2 pm.
                        92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

there ARE other sources for most parts besides the stealerships.

times like that make me appreciate having a thumper with ONE sparkplug, ONE carb and four valves. makes a nice companion for my Kat.
                          KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                          X