No announcement yet.
X

crashed the bike. helmat saved my life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you're alright and able to share your story with us!!
    About an hour ago I drove my truck down to the 7-11 to pick up some milk for my boys. I see some clown riding an '02 Katana with runners (no socks) shorts, no shirt and helmet (helmet law in Canada) and comes into the 7-11 to buy smokes or whatever he could carry without pockets. Ofcourse he slides the helmet up to his forehead and doesn't take it completely off, just to make sure that everyone can see that he rides a motorcycle.
    I couldn't help but ask him why he rides without gear and he replied; I only came from 5 blocks away!
    My response; how far do you figure you can slide on the pavement before your skin wears right down to the bone?
    His reply; that'll never happen, I've been riding for two years!
    my response; That's why they're called accidents, riding season in Alberta is about 5 months long, extensive skin graft treatments are about 2 years long also, so I guess you're about even.
    Relizing that he was looking ridiculous and fighting a losing battle he turned and left without buying anything. If he thinks twice about riding nearly naked again, then my effort wasn't wasted.

Gear up everytime!
    sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

good thing you were wearing it

Comment

Glad your still with us. I won't even ride around the block without all of my gear. You may want to contact HJC and tell them how much their helmet saved your melon. They might hook you up.

Comment

glad you are safe. im trying to get one of my boyz to least wear a helmet but he want.

Comment

glad ur ok man, ATGATT
            2000 Kat, stage 1 DJ, Progrip grips and tank protector, painted windscreen, tinted fron turn signals, DIY fender eleminator, rear carbon fiber turnsignals, Syslvania ultra headlights. debadged.

Comment

really tough break,,,but glad not worst than it was, a real example to us all,,,bike

man thats tough,,,ya know i work for the nc dmv and this is the perfect example of un suspected incidents that can and will happen to all bike riders,,if it hasent happened to you even if its a almost incident or close call it will happen,!,,,bikes are one of the least seen motor vehicles on the road,,,i am indeed glad your ok,,,what was their response after the out come,,,or did they take off on ya,,were young teens driving or adults,do tell all or did they act like it was your fault,same thing with tractor trailors,,,most motorist think because they are big and start slow,,,they can hurry and beat them to the punch,,,and tru as that may be,reflexes of drivers to avoid accident can prove horrible most truckers on the road get lil or no respect until they claim a life sorry but its true,like other poster stated this is why unlike south carolina where ive seen some bikers hair blowing in the wind without helmets,,,and wearing flip flops and not boots and there are other states as well that require hardly no atire or gear when riding motor cycles. again thank God your ok....
              Last edited by maestro; 05-24-2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X