No announcement yet.
X

Finally finished...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bike actually changes color. The color is called Sunset Pearlescent Pearl. The color changes from ruby red to burnt orange to gold and finally to copper depending in the light and the angle that you look at it from.

I can't stand to be just another bike riding down the road. So that's why I wanted a totally different color. I like standing out.

I have been getting asked alot "what color is that?"

I could not have done all of this without all of the people here on the forum or the two people here in my hometown.

Comment

Great job & color choice!!!
      ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

very nice!

Comment

My parts list and upgrades include:

Zero Gravity windscreen
          gunmetal rims with polished lip
          gunmetal bar ends
          custom polished chain cover
          Dunlop Qualifier tires front and rear
          new brakes
          new clutch
          complete motor rebuild
          (from top to bottom)
          re-upholstered seats
          new grips
          polished foot pegs
          gunmetal peg brackets
          gunmetal lower fork tubes
          polished fairing bolt kit
          new fork seals and fluid
          And whatever else that I left off. I know there is more but I just can't think of it all.

My mechanic (MMI graduate) has been a close friend for 20 years. Our deal was I buy the parts, he does all the work for free. But I wanted to learn all that I could so I did all the work and he supervised.

My painter has been a close friend for nearly as long. I bought the paint and supply's and did all the prep work. He shot the paint. We just finished a car last night that he let me shoot. So I am learing that too.

My bike is never "done". I am always looking for new and different things to do to it.

Thanks for all your comments and replies. I thought that I would share my project with all the great people here.

Comment

looks good!
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

Thats an awesome looking pre....extremely nice all the way around
              vwvortex.com : jettajake00
              midmoriders.com :jettajake00
              Go Cardinals!

Comment

Great job! Looks very good!

Comment

Also Finally Finished

Here are pics of my Kat project brought back to life after a year. (Lots of blood sweat and beers). I am a total rookie, with no mechanical skills who has just checked off an item on my bucket list to tackle a project where I have no skills and complete it without any assistance except research online. Yes, I did the paint job and upholstery work myself. I totally rebuilt the carbs with Ken's excellent Carbs 101 guide here on Katriders (motor sprung to life on second attempt!)- my first rookie attempt!

Sadly I am going to have to let her go...I have reached my goal! Damn it's going to be hard to do so...not sure I can!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X