D&D sound???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman05
    You can hear the D&D here along with alot of others
    http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/ I have a YOSH RS3 and I love the sound, it really screams after 5000 RPMS.
    Great link! After listening to some of the clips of the dyno runs, I kind of like the sound of the Micron, too.
    I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Anyone run V&H on a 98+ 600? SpecialK recommended one to me but I'm afraid it may be louder than I want since I do alot of city riding and 2up riding.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I have a Leo Vince on my 02 600, Its loud but not to loud, It has a nice deep tone to it.
        I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

I have the V & H slip-on on my 2003 and love it. My '97 had a 4 into 1 V & H full race exhaust on it and it did SCREAM. The the slip-on is much quieter and has a little deeper sound. BTW: My brother has the D&D on his 750 KAT and it is louder than anything!
          ~ Lisa
          2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
          2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Yep, I'll repeat what everyone else has said. My D&D is LOUD!!!! The thing should come with a lifetime supply of ear plugs.

When I start my bike and give it a little gas (~3,000 rpm), some people jump and others cover their ears. Sounds like:

VROOOOM VRRROOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
            If you can imagine somone hitting your head with a hammer at the same time I give it gas, that's kinda how it sounds.
            Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

I've got a D&D slip-on and love it. Yeah, it's loud, but I like loud unless I'm in my cage. Others in their cages can hear me too unless they're blasting their radio or something.

As far as earplugs go, the pipe doesn't bother me all that much - it's the wind that gets my ears..which is why I *do* wear earplugs.

Sometimes I want to go to something a little more mellow, but all-in-all I like my D&D.
              Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

where the hell do ya find a full race exhaust, i can't find any aftermarket headers for the 750 or the 600 especially

Comment

I bought mine on Ebay, but that was @ 3 years ago. Have you looked there? I'll look up the old receipt and post the name of the company I bought it from, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have one on a back shelf.
                  ~ Lisa

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

Comment

thanks man that'd help. Otherwise i'll just continue to hunt down a 750 header.

Comment

Here's the info I found - I hope it's still good. I purchased the 600 4-1 exhaust in Feb 2003 via Ebay from Dennis Kirk Scratch & Dent. I paid $163.00 for it. The phone # on the invoice is: (320) 358-4444. I hope thisl helps!
                      ~ Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                        You want loud and screaming I can give you my exwife's number!!!!
                        LMAO!

"Loud and screaming" is definetly a good description of a D&D...it's a bit high pitched and boderline obnoxiously loud...gawd I love it
                        --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                        --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                        X