X

Shell gas info ( Cyber check this out )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckwick357 View Post
    I only run fuel that has an oil company behind them no Kroger, Mejier ECT. I only make a point to buy Shell in the winter months for the bike as it suppose to have a longer shelf life
    i agree with this. i ran getgo (giant eagle's gas station) twice when i was home for some breaks in my brother's car that i was driving. the car decided to crap out after filling up there twice.... im avoiding that place from now on even though its on the end of my street, and we get the discounts..

i will try shell next time i fill up, i want to find out if it really does help
    "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but this sounds like marketing BS to me. (Shell's Nitrogen that is)
      James

Comment

I've always used Shell exclusively. In both my cars and my bike.

Well, except for the old Elantra. That thing ran on whatever crap you could throw in the tank
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

hmm ive always put bp in everything i have...guess we will just have to wait and c if it works
          Same here.I`ve never heard bad things about shell so I will play the waiting game and see if there are more positive posts about them.I might just change up............we`ll see
          1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

well we have just about every type of gas station here.... everything from out ****water western which is usually 10cents a gallon cheeper than the main companies to shell which is about 7cents a gallon more than the others... always have used shell. it feels smoother, burns better, and i get about 3mpg more out of it than i do at the 7 eleven or loaf-n-jug
            Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Sounds interesting, but not something I would always run. I get 20-22 mpg out of my 350 chevy truck on regular "nobody" gas station gas. Not to mention they are usually about .05 cents per gallon cheaper than shell, bp, or exxon...
              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

When I use the other Generic Gas all the pumps say enriched w/ 10 percent ethanol. This is what I blame for my crappy warm ups. It took for ever to warm up, even in hot weather because I had to burn the ethanol off that was left over in the carbs. Since I changed over to Shell it warms up real quick and the responce is much better. It even idles better too. This is my new station for sure even if it is 10 cents more a gal.
                05 Kat 600
                Yoshi RS3
                Bar Risers
                Road Attacks
                Fumoto Valve
                Corbin Seat w / backrest
                Sportech black chrome windscreen
                Custom garage door opener

Comment

Originally posted by Bergy2 View Post
                  When I use the other Generic Gas all the pumps say enriched w/ 10 percent ethanol. This is what I blame for my crappy warm ups. It took for ever to warm up, even in hot weather because I had to burn the ethanol off that was left over in the carbs. Since I changed over to Shell it warms up real quick and the responce is much better. It even idles better too. This is my new station for sure even if it is 10 cents more a gal.
                  I could be wrong, but I think all gas companies are putting ethanol in their fuels. The Shell station by my house has the "At least 10 % ethanol" sticker on their pumps. I usually run Shell gas in all my vehicles, anyway. Except my truck...it gets whatever is cheapest....it don't care. I think my wife runs Exxon gas in her car.
                  02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                  87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                  sigpic

Comment

That is true. All gas, except when it specifically says Nonoxygenated, is 10% ethanol.

I do have a question tho. Isn't the BP gas with invigorade the same as Shell with nitrogen?
                    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                    He is the best there was and ever been.
                    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

I don't like to buy from those cheap convenience stores or grocery store gas stations. They sell bad gas sometimes. My daughter just filled up at one recently and it must have had water in it. The car ran terrible right after the fill up
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

Any place with top tier rated fuel is pretty good for any of my vehicles. Here in CoMo, one would be hardpressed to find a station that isn't exclusively top tier fuel rated.
                        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

I always run shell in the bike mainly because it has no extra "additives". Meaning that there is no methalnol or ethanol added. So its pure, 100% gasoline. Meaning less engine gunk and buildup and more life outta my motor.
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Sure it helps clean the engine BUT.. as what cost..
                            I'm going to guess these enriched fuels also cosy more and provide less MPG in the long run just like alcohol enriched fuels.
                            I have a hard time beleiving any fuel/oil company is spending millions in reseach just to help the enviornment without filling thier pockets at the same time.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                              Sure it helps clean the engine BUT.. as what cost..
                              I'm going to guess these enriched fuels also cosy more and provide less MPG in the long run just like alcohol enriched fuels.
                              I have a hard time beleiving any fuel/oil company is spending millions in reseach just to help the enviornment without filling thier pockets at the same time.

It costs about a penny more a gallon and may decrease gas milage like 1mpg max. if even any. i am willing to pay a penny more for a lot more engine life.
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                                It costs about a penny more a gallon and may decrease gas milage like 1mpg max. if even any. i am willing to pay a penny more for a lot more engine life.

I am willing to every once and a while. Maybe once every 4 fill ups. If regular cheapo pump gas runs fine in my bike, which it does, then thats what i'll continue to run, just like my truck. These companies make enough money without my help so I will stick to the local, no affiliation stores... atleast more of that money stays in the local economy...
                                Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X