X

A Winter Ride with R-1 Sjaak and a couple friends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Winter Ride with R-1 Sjaak and a couple friends

I don't know how many of you have heard of this guy that rode around the world on his R1 sport bike:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR3jrq7gKfI"]YouTube - Sjaak the world[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Awgu7_RgA"]YouTube - Alaska per motor -Special-Ice-Roads[/ame]

But, he did deadhorse in the middle of winter- truly a feat, since they actually closed the Dalton hiway south of Atigun pass for a "phase 3" (read- REAL BAD DEATH ON A STICK WEATHER) storm- and had to hole up there for two days. Well, they did the deal, and now they are in Anchorage, and they have stayed a couple days with me, and we did a group ride today- this is just one camera's pics, more to follow in the next couple days. Note the sabre with the knobbies and the studded tires!

WE started out at my shop:

Then hit Anchorage House of Harley to wait for one more rider, and taste some chili! They were impressed at our hard-core-ed-ness :lol8: :thumb

Here we are at beluga point, the side hack KLR had to turn around, he had prior commitments and was short on time

And then we had coffee about 45 miles south of Anchorage downtown (still technically in Anchorage) in Girdwood:

Lots of fun- here is the pic of the proof of Sjaak and his companion Doris making it to Deadhorse, Alaska, in the dead of winter!:

Last edited by Cruisingram; 03-15-2009, 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow... That is awesome, and thanks for sharing.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Incredible!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

That is pretty cool...thanx again for sharing.. that's some hard core riding there.

Comment

thats unreal man .who could believe riding in alaska in the winter time .very cool !!!!
          • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Comment

On icy roads, all of a sudden trikes don't seem so strange....
            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Comment

I think I'll reach down and turn the lil 'lectric heater up another notch .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X