X

First Drive into Work.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Drive into Work.

5 days ago here in the Atlanta area we had 27 degree temperatures and snow on the ground. This weekend temps will be in the low to mid seventies, sooooooooo, I decided to ride my new(to me) 94 Katana 600 to work. I have about a 40 mile ride, one way, mostly highway to work. I decided that I needed more seat time, so what better way than Atlanta traffic.
    You know one thing I must say is that I appreciate having a sportbike more at 36 than I would have when I was younger. Because I fine that the same tendencies I have developed in 18 years of driving I do on a bike. Stuff like looking and double checking before moving into another lanes. Not tailgating and other things.
    Big trucks, with their turbulent air, are not fun to be around. You don't even have to be close. I think I was aobut 7-10 car lengths from a truck in the next lane and still felt the bike reacting to the air.
    My job is on a really congested area of Atlanta, across from Perimeter Mall, so I know leaving from work today I have to pay attention. My first real ride was about 40 miles to a cousins house and that Sunday I had all kinds of experience. I came up on 2 accidents, mall traffic, interstate road construction and riding at night. All on my first major ride.
    It's so much fun riding. I am oncall this week with my job so I put my laptop in my back pack, and put the back back over my shoulders and road. I really didn't feel like anything was on my back. It was actually comfortable. And I can't say enough for my Joe Rocket "Lucky" jacket from Newenough.com. It was just right, not cold at all. Guess by the time I leave work at 3:30, I will unzip the liner and open the vents and see how that works.
    Well I just wanted to share with my fellow Kat riders my First Drive into Work.
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Enjoy it man... Be especially aware while you are traveling through intersections... All intersections... Not just the ones with lights... Don't ask me why I insist that you pay attention to the cars that might jump out in front of you... Just always have an exit strategy if they do make that mistake.

Have fun

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I appreciate the advice. My first ride out my third intersection someone made a left turn in front of me. I had enough time to brake, but I was amazed that the driver thought make the turn when I was approaching. I will definitely take heed. Thanks.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Congrats on the ride into work be safe on your ride home I plan on ridding to work this summer that is if I can talk the wife into it

Comment

Working...
        X