X

Getting the work going.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the work going.

I started today taking my bike apart for paint and a rebuild. The new paint is going to be a brighter shade of bright yellow with Suzuki written on the fairings in ghost paint, then a gold pearl. What makes the painting part fun for me is that my neighbor is going to do it just so long as I buy the materials. He is one h**l of a painter. As far as the rebuild on the motor goes new gaskets throughout, new pistons, rings, valves, springs, seats, and anything else that I find. My mechanic graduated from MMI and has been a close friend for years (basically free labor) lol.

Other mods:

polish rims
    repolish triple tree cover
    powdercoat several parts
    new brakes
    re upolster both seats
    new left fairing (ABS plastic)
    new black chrome windscreen
    frame sliders from Bruinstein

Here are a few pic's before and during the tear down tody. I will post more pic's as it comes along.

Last edited by diverdwn8; 04-10-2009, 05:11 PM.

good luck.
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

wow, yellow looks GOOD on the pre's.

Good luck with your paint!

Comment

Good luck. Can't wait to see it completed.

Comment

tell him to fix my pre too hehe

Comment

are you going to help with the painting? Its great experience and kinda fun too.

Comment

Is the current yellow not bright enough?

Comment

Thats a great looking Kat!

Comment

Yeah I am going to help with the prep work for the paint job. The deal with my painter is if I help with the prep work and buy the paint all the labor is free. The same goes with my mechanic.

I dropped the bike (whats left of it) off at my mechanic's house this morning. We haven't started taking the motor out yet because we both had to go to work.

Comment

Well got some work done today.

Both rims have been stripped and are ready for paint. I am going to paint them in the morning. They are going to be Gunmetal grey with metal flake.

All of my body panels are at my painters house and we have started the prep work.

Placed a rather large order for motor parts. Not that any are broke but I thought we may as well replace a few while we are in there.

Sorry for not posting pic's yet about our progress but I will do so tomorrow after I get my rims painted.

Comment

Today my rims got a fresh coat of paint. And I must say they turned out very nice. I still have the tape on them in the pics because I am letting everything dry overnight.

Here is a few pic's of the bike before it went to my mechanic and a few of it so far in his garage.

Comment

hey diverdwn8, where in VA you live?
                        "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

I live near Bristol. On the southwest end of the state. If you know where Bristol Motor Speedway is then I am about 20 minutes away.

Comment

Damn I'm looking for someone to paint my bike for cheap but that's kind of a haul from Va Beach. Oh well, guess I'll keep searching, thanks anyways!
                            "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

Got my rims finished today. I also painted my front footpeg brackets. I am just getting started on my lower fork tubes and my swingarm. All of these parts are Gunmetal Grey with metal flake.

My motor will be done in the next two weeks (depending on shipping).

Painting is another story. The prep work is going good so far. Should be ready for paint in two weeks or so ( since we work on it in our spare time).

Also got my seats back yesterday from the upolster shop too. All the seats were recovered in black with new padding.

So I am moving along faster than I thought I would but not quite there yet. At worse case I am looking at the middle of April when all work is complete and the bike together. But in the mean time I'll keep you up to date as the work progresses.

Comment

Working...
                              X