X

katana 600 or cbr 600 f4i ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 600 or cbr 600 f4i ?

i was going to pick up this 2000 katana 600 this weekend, but had to wait another week due to the wet wheather in norcal. yesterday i found a 2002 cbr600f4i that i ready like and that price is ok, but with a lite body damages salvage title. so i need a little help deciding on these two bikes.
    i am a begginer , just got my m1 last year and had a ninja 250 for 6mo. now looking to upgrade , but can't make up my mind...... thanks for all your time

drive them both and see which you are more comfortable on

Comment

Originally posted by ahsir11 View Post
      i was going to pick up this 2000 katana 600 this weekend, but had to wait another week due to the wet wheather in norcal. yesterday i found a 2002 cbr600f4i that i ready like and that price is ok, but with a lite body damages salvage title. so i need a little help deciding on these two bikes.
      i am a begginer , just got my m1 last year and had a ninja 250 for 6mo. now looking to upgrade , but can't make up my mind...... thanks for all your time
      i would stick with the kat.. just because of the salvaged title, if you go to resale you wouldnt get anything out of the cbr with the salvaged title, and here in michigan you cant get full coverage on it..
      02 Suzuki Katana 750
      05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Salvaged title, means you wont get poo out of later. So unless it is a total steal, then watch out for the salvaged bikes. F4's are great bikes, but between the two you are looking at, I also would got with the Kat. Now if it was a non-salvaged F4 and the price was the same... no offense to my Kat, but I would get the F4.... they are great bikes and they hold their value a little better from what I have seen.... I love my Kat!

Comment

I went from a Ninja 250>Suz. 500>Katana 600 (2003). That's quite a big jump in only 6 mo. I think the Katana is a better choice but I have the feeling you're leaning toward the CBR.
          LMT

Comment

Originally posted by ahsir11 View Post
            salvage title.
            That is enough for me to turn around and walk away.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Id stay away from the CBR ONLY because of the salvaged title. The Kat will be a great bike for you for a step-up from the 250. Good luck with your decision, and be sure to get pics of the new bike up when you get it!

Comment

salvage title = probably rode like it was stolen FOR ME

good luck with insurance and being able to licence
                on unless its a steal and if you want it as a stunt bike and plan on riding until she's dead,tough to ever get your money out again
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Ditto on what every one else has`said. For two reasons. First, salvage title! Big no-no!
                  Second, the CBR would be a big jump in power and insurance from what you're used to.

My opinion, go with the Kat, mine taught me volumes before I let her go and stepped up to, you guessed it, a 2001 CBR 600 F4i!

Good Luck with whatever you decide, and ride safe!
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I started on my kat, first bike I ever rode. The insurance on the kat will be cheaper, and it will be much more comfortable/better fir trips. ONLY fear a salvaged title if you want to try to sell it. If you want a bike you can keep forever and ride, and you dont think youll kill yourself(and you LIKE it after you sit on it/test drive it), get it.

Comment

Also take into consideration what you will be doing on the bike:

Is this a local city riding vehicle?

PCH is nearby, are you going to do some twisty travels?

Or are you going to do some overnight or multi-day touring travels to, say...north to the redwoods to Paul Bunyan and his blue ox. That is, I think it's still there.

Consider what you want to do with your bike, then research that bike and whatever accessories are available for that bike.

That's my$0.02.
                      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                        Also take into consideration what you will be doing on the bike:

Is this a local city riding vehicle?

PCH is nearby, are you going to do some twisty travels?

Or are you going to do some overnight or multi-day touring travels to, say...north to the redwoods to Paul Bunyan and his blue ox. That is, I think it's still there.

Consider what you want to do with your bike, then research that bike and whatever accessories are available for that bike.

That's my$0.02.
                        It was still there last March, although Babe's head was missing when i was there. Last I saw it has ben repaired since then. (for those that don't know what we're talking about)
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Get the CBR if you dont plan on reselling it.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by tankman1331 View Post
                            i would stick with the kat.. just because of the salvaged title, if you go to resale you wouldnt get anything out of the cbr with the salvaged title, and here in michigan you cant get full coverage on it..
                            Also, the F4i is gonna be a big step up from your 250... both in power and insurance (like DOC said). But it's your choice, so choose the one that suits you the best.

Comment

Just come buy my kat....
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X