X

DREAM project preload adjusters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DREAM project preload adjusters

I sent Tmod the fork caps and had him modify the fork cap bolts so I can use preload adjusters that don't fit on Katana forks. These adjuster do not function, I have RT cartridge emulator, I don't need adjustable pre load. But the look a lot better the stock. The OEM hex on the fork caps is 24mm, those adjusters are 22mm. What I did was buy two M14 hex head bolts, the head is 22mm. I sent them to T and he cut the hex heads off the bolts and welded them on the the fork caps. Yes the hex is S/S.

thanks to Tmod, the pictures were taken by him. He did them in 1 day also BTW. Those are Pro Bolt pre load adjusters, anodized blue aluminum.
    Last edited by arsenic; 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM.

Nice job on the attention to detail with the bolts lining up with the marks on the cap. (Tmod, here is your pat on the back.)
    Last edited by Kfreak; 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I didn't do that Thank Tmod for that.

Comment

Tmod da man!
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I gave him credit. From what I have seen from you, you do pay attention to detail.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

nice job there Tmod! looks great.

Comment

Arsenic, I can't wait to see the finished project. I visit your site often to see any changes...you will soon have one of the greatest Kat customs.

Comment

no, it WILL be the greatest. I only accept Kwebbel as a nicer bike, and mine is FAR more a KATANA then his beautiful machine.

Comment

Did you experiment with using 2nd generation SV650 fork caps? The are also 41mm forks and have preload adjusters. The only thing is, Suzuki change manufactures from the 1st Gen to 2nd Gen forks.

I've been looking on ebay for damaged SV650 forks so I could see for myself.

I do know that the 41mm forks caps from a Yamaha YZF600R are not compatible with my 2001 Kat. They also have preload adjustment.
                    Last edited by squiggy; 02-22-2009, 02:33 AM.
                    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

no, I didn't do anything with different forks. SV650 and Katana forks are like the same thing, they both use the same RT p/n springs. I know my RT are SV650 springs Those fork caps DID have pre load adjustments, they just don't now. Here's what they looked like before:
                      Last edited by arsenic; 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X