X

Non-Kat owners: Do you miss your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Kat owners: Do you miss your Kat?

Just curious, there seem to be a lot of guy here on KR who have moved on from the Katana and I wanted to know: What it is that keeps you here, as well as what is it you might miss about your Kat?
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

What keeps me here? THE MEMBERS!
    I love this site, the people, the admins, the camraderie. Hell, I met up with one member I had never met except in the chatbox (Sin) when I made a trip to Vegas. He met us downtown, bought me and the family breakfast, took us to Shark Reef, and took us on the tour of Hoover Dam. One of the coolest people I have ever met.
    I look forward to chatting evry day with my online brothers and sisters here. Can't wait to meet some more members during our SoCal mini-Rally next month too.

What do I miss about my Kat? THE SEAT!
    Last edited by DOCTORNITRO; 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM.
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

I guess one other question would be what do you ride now?

Comment

I don't miss my Kat yet... I have had a couple offers to sell it, and it really hasn't been ridden much since i finished it but I

I miss setting IN the bike, like riding a U. I actually set ON the Sv650 I replaced it with.

I miss setting in a sporty position with a standard bike's reach to the bars, the SV has more of a SS feel and reach.

I miss the seat, although for not being thick the SV seat isn't terrible.

I do miss the 4 Cylinder scream, the SV is a V-twin and howls and roars, which is ALMOST equally as satisfying.

The SV has loads more torque and a few more horses than the Kat-6 I had.
        The SV has better handling, better slow speed handling, and better aftermarket support.

I keep coming here because of the smileys, really, just like I go to hooters for their wings :

I will miss my ill-handling heavy beast of a sport tourer, but my Copper color Fuel Injected Bulldog helps me cope

Gotta love KR
        Last edited by katanawarrior; 02-20-2009, 12:18 PM.
        Currently Riding:
        1995 Katana 600
        V&H Exhaust
        Jet Kit

SOLD
        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
        1987 XV700 Bobber
        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

2001 CBR 600 F4i Baby!

A fuel injected silver bullet! ( see profile pic! )
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't miss it. I've found ways to get comfortable enough on my bike to tolerate it for a few hours.

I'm with Doc though, I do miss the seat, mine's hard as a rock.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by katanawarrior View Post
              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really, just like I go to hooters for their wings :
              I lol'd a little for some reason. Sig material.

Comment

i wonder what percentage of people here currently own a kat?

Comment

Also a good question. Wasn't there a poll about that?

Comment

yeah i agree the only thing i miss about my kat really is the seat..BUT my gix isn't bad at all. i have been on a few 150+mile rides, and felt just fine..

oh and the space under the seat that would fit basically a whole wardrobe haha. i can barely get a pack of cigs under my seat now..
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

Still "Kat-Strapped" for another year at least. Don't get me wrong, I like my BigKat and she rides out strong and has been reliable thus far. However, I think she may be a "project-keeper". In other words, buy something else as an everyday runner and just keep it to "do big stuff" to. After all, the bike is an '88 and that is old enough to drink in any state .....
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Sold my 05 Kat a year ago and got a GSXR. Surprisingly I "fitted" the GSXR much better and it's actually more comfortable for me.
                        sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

Traded my bike in on a sled this fall. Although I have my eye on another bike right now, I don't know that I'm gonna be able to do that $$$ this year. But I like this forum. I'm on a forum for my F150, my CRX, 2 forums for my Mustang, and this one.

But this one and one of my Mustang forums have a lot of posting action and a very broad range of topics. For these reasons I will continue to be a member here regardless of my bike status.

Comment

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                            What it is that keeps you here
                            The people. Havnt found any sites better with the fam atmasphere.

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                            what is it you might miss about your Kat?
                            Sorry to say I dont miss the kat. I loved the look of it. thats why I got it back in 02. I rode it for 6 months and never got comfortable with the size so I traded it in on a gsxr 600. I fell in love with the small light size of the ss bikes. Now I am riding a Custome for lack of better discriptions. It was a 05 GSXR 1000. As far as large bikes go I hate riding Busas also. racing them isnt too bad but I really dont like to ride them. They just are not comfortable to me. Too freaking big.
                            Last edited by BLACKDEATH; 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                            6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                            5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                              What keeps me here? THE MEMBERS!
                              I love this site, the people, the admins, the camraderie. Hell, I met up with one member I had never met except in the chatbox (Sin) when I made a trip to Vegas. He met us downtown, bought me and the family breakfast, took us to Shark Reef, and took us on the tour of Hoover Dam. One of the coolest people I have ever met.
                              I look forward to chatting evry day with my online brothers and sisters here. Can't wait to meet some more members during our SoCal mini-Rally next month too.

What do I miss about my Kat? THE SEAT!
                              Amen brotha'

It is all about the people. I have some great friends because of this site. The Kat may be gone, but my friends are still here.

I don't miss my Kat at all. I enjoy my new bikes a lot more.

The seat on my ZX-14 is more comfortable than the Kat. The Cbr is very comfortable for an rr bike too. I love both my rides immensely
                              Last edited by Zepp; 02-20-2009, 08:53 PM.
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X