X

got my yosh 2-day!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got my yosh 2-day!

So i got my yoshi exhaust today and i immediately installed it. It was much easier than i thought. It only took me about twenty min. I got to say I LOVE IT!!!! It sounds so clean. Real nice tone at idle but when u ramp up those rpm's it really packs a punch. I noticed one thing though, when i slipped off the stock exhaust there was a bushing that was placed on the pipe that kept the center stand from scraping the pipe. So i tried to take it off, cause the yosh had a slot for that bushing as well, but i could not slip the darn thing off. i tried everything so in the end i just took off the center stand. Aside from that i was really satisfied with the yoshi. Sounds great and looks clean.Another thing, is it me or does having an after-market exhaust make the ride more fun?

i got a D&D exhaust shortly after getting my bike just over a month ago. a friend of the previous owner had dropped the bike and the pipe was dented. the moment i had that exhaust put on, and turned the bike on, i was in love. that ride home was absolutely amazing, and riding certainly is far more fun. just hearing the exhaust makes me smile whenever i ride.
    2004 Katana
    GO OWLS!!!

Comment

congrats, I LOVE my yosh pipe too

Comment

that lil stopper is a PITA ... but you can get it .. and the centerstand is such a cool feature for basic bike maintenence
        so many roads so little time

Comment

ill keep trying to slip it off and if i get it i can always re-attach the centr stand.

Comment

Another Yosh lover here, like you said not too loud at idle but it screams real nice when you get on the throttle.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I agree with Katman. I road my friend's 954RR with a D&D exhaust and its verrry loud but some people like that loudness. I like the Yoshi sound though it does sound nice and cleeean.
              //2003 Katana 750//

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                that lil stopper is a PITA ... but you can get it .. and the centerstand is such a cool feature for basic bike maintenence

And Yoshi is a great choice......love my Yoshi :

Comment

I love the looks of my Yoshi, still mixed on how well I like the sound.
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Did you turn around the rearwheel axle?

Comment

Comment

why would i need to turn around the rear wheel axle?

Comment

Originally posted by cytosport View Post
                          why would i need to turn around the rear wheel axle?
                          Clearance issues with the stock mounting of the axle and some aftermarket pipes... when the swingarm compresses it may hit the can denting it, or worse... putting a hole in it. Changing the axle around can help to prevent that.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

love my yosh

Love my yosh too, I got the carbon fiber for Chrstmas, looks cool, sounds great, and I swear it makes more power. Definitely turn the axle around. may be OK in the drive, but if you hit sometihn gand really compress the shock, it'll hit the can.
                            sigpic
                            Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Cyto - I've been saving up for a Yosh too. Do you midn if I ask where you got it and what you paid?

Comment

Working...
                              X