X

easy way to dismount frt. rim ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy way to dismount frt. rim ?

im looking to take off the front rim , i see un bolt and slide the long bolt out from yhe rim but maybe block the frame on both sides with belly pan off and jack it up high enough so the rim slides out // i have a mototcycle jack but it dont look like it will work because the pipes flow under the frame ... any ideas ..please

I wedge a short 4x4 under the oil pan , or put a cinder block under the forks , depending on which "tool" is closer and whether or not I'll be removing the forks as well .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Do you have the center stand?

If not then yes, putting blocks under the frame to suport it.

There was a thread around here about a redneck bike stand. You'll have to search for that, but I do believe "redneck" was used in the discription.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Home depot pipe stand . Or an a-frame ladder and some ratchet straps .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
          Home depot pipe stand . Or an a-frame ladder and some ratchet straps .

hehe Don't laugh....I use a block and tackle for hoisting up deer for skinning. I attach it to the beams in the garage, a coupleof nylon straps around the inner portion of the bars and crank it. Just enough to get the front tire off the ground. Not like I make a kat swing

Comment

put the bike on the center stand and place a block of wood under the oil pan and lift the front wheel off the ground.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

i put mine on a milk crate. it works and has been sitting there since friday without moving. that and there is a jack a quarter inch under the rear shock so if the crate starts to buckle it will just settle on the jack and be stabilized by the milk crate lol.

although i have been taking weight off the bike so its probably a good idea to set the bike back on its own supports once i put the rear end back in lol.

Comment

I used the centerstand with a pair of car jackstands under the forks.
                Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                  i put mine on a milk crate. it works and has been sitting there since friday without moving. that and there is a jack a quarter inch under the rear shock so if the crate starts to buckle it will just settle on the jack and be stabilized by the milk crate lol.

although i have been taking weight off the bike so its probably a good idea to set the bike back on its own supports once i put the rear end back in lol.

I had used a upside down plastic pail several times when I worked on my dirt bike, until it fell off a nearly killed me
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                  X