No announcement yet.
X

How To Put a Suzuki Katana On the Centerstand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see the vids, but the only reason I touch the handlebar is to steady the bike as I get it on the stand. No leverage or pulling at all. The only place my arm works is on the passenger peg (no luggage bars). Everything else is leg strength.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

im sure there are many ways ^___^

in the end its all about leverage.

really, just wanted to show noobs like myself one way it can be done.
      joey b.

Comment

This was the best way I found. Was about to give up and take it to the shop for a chain adjustment because I got tired of calling my neighbor over for help with the stand. No rocking, no leverage pulling back and fourth nearly dropping the bike over on the other end. Put your left foot on the stand, make sure both pegs hit evenly and lift up on the back under rail at the rear fairing while keeping your left hand on the left handlebar. So easy! And while you are lifting the upward motion adds extra downward pressure on the stand to securely get it up there without any question of tipping the bike over on the right side where nothing or no one is there to save it when you are by yourself. a slight pull and lift and the bike practically went up on the stand by itself.

I own a 06 Katana 750..

This video is the closest thing I found to the example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXZyJSPkx4
        Last edited by BigAzWalrus; 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I have to try this when i get home..
          2001 GSX600F Katana Yellow

Comment

Working...
          X