X

I got my choke cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my choke cable

YAY, one part down and one part to go till im back on the road. Now i just need a front rim and tire! God i cant wait to ride again, its been too long.
    Now where am I going to find this wheel?

Hah, you and me both buddy, I just got mine two days ago along with my oil filter. I'm in the same boat as you, got one part down, only a couple more to go! All I need is my jet kit (ordered today), ignition advancer, and yoshi exhaust. What year is your bike?
    "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

ive got an 01. bought it needing some work and its killing me because I cant wait to go riding. what about you, what year is your bike?

Here is a pic of mine

Comment

yeah i got that.
        but now i need a front tire and an air filter. and fuel lines. and maybe spark plug wires. and a fork rebuild kit from racetech. if it wasnt for those damn forks i could probably have everything done this weekend but i'll pace myself.

Comment

Mine's a 2000 but only a 600. Wish I had a pic to show but I never took one before I tore it down. Reason I didn't take a pic is cuz it wasn't worth possibly damaging my camera...it was a sore sight to the eyes...I bought it off my buddy for 500 bucks cuz he moved and it was just taking up room in his dads garage. Apparently the PO thought it would look good spray painted maroon red and had set the idle at like 4500 rpm's lol. Gettin a new paint job soon so once I get her all together again I'll throw you some pics. That's a nice looking bike you've got there though. Any kind of mods?
          "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

mines a 96 and well lets just say its been sitting for at least a year before I bought it and after the PO dropped it he primer spray painted it. Looks like **** and I have to correct his **** ups. I would of preferred a rashed stock paint job.

Comment

did you ever try calling rad cycles, stinger?
              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
              90 GSXR 750/1216
              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey Dank View Post
                Wish I had a pic to show but I never took one before I tore it down. Reason I didn't take a pic is cuz it wasn't worth possibly damaging my camera...
                Your bike looks like my mother-in-law?
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                  Your bike looks like my mother-in-law?
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

no, no mods, i havent even ridden it yet. I bought it with that bent front wheel. ive actually Anti modded it LOL. I added the rear fender back on since someone cut the last one off. I just want stock for now, My last bike was a modded cruiser, it was un godly loud and i had to get rid of it. So i decided i wanted the most stock looking running bike for now since it will become my daily driver and give my dodge ram a break. I drive 350 miles a week just to and from work, plus another 250 on weekends to and from getting my kid, so yeahhhh. I need to park the truck for a while to save some money!
                    When you get some pics, post um up mikey

Hey Jim, i sadly havent yet, working at a car dealership 9-6 everyday makes it hard to call during business hours, but im going to try today now that im thinking about it. Ill let ya know what i find out

Comment

okay i called rad cycles, they said yeah that had a 98-02 front rim, it would be $250.
                      Does that seem a little high? Input?

Comment

Is it chromed?... if so, not bad.

If it's powdercoated, your looking at spending that amount again to get it chromed.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The lady didnt even say. She was like yeah we got that, its 250. I was like umm okay. I didnt even bother to ask. Hmm, well i diffinately dont want to spend that kinda money on one. I paid $180 for the chrome wheel and tire i have now, was hopeing to be under $200 for another rim

Comment

Have you sold your 03 wheel and tire yet? You could use that to help pay for the one you need...

I think 250 is a little pricey. I knew Rad Cycles was pricey with engines, but I didn't think they were over-priced on everything.

You could try www.mrcycleparts.com

I sent them a request for 88-89 GSXR 750 cams, and 2 salvage yards responded. I ended up buying a set off of Ebay, but that site might help you.

I just searched ebay for a front wheel. If you needed a rear wheel, you'd be in luck. Maybe you could ask some of the sellers who are selling a rear wheel if they have a front for sale.....
                            02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                            90 GSXR 750/1216
                            96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                            87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                            sigpic

Comment

good idea, ill give that a try

Comment

Working...
                              X