X

Will this carrier hold a 1994 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this carrier hold a 1994 600

Haul a motorcyle on a Class III or greater vehicle hitch reciever with the SMC-600R carrier. Integrated wheel chock for wheel stability.

Will the above carrier beable to hold my 1994 600 Katana?

yes, i would think so
    -chuck

[myspace] [facebook]

Comment

Don't see why it wouldn't!
      THE DOC
      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
      mistake when you make it again.
      sigpic

Comment

It only has a 600 lb capacity. I think the Kat comes close, but not all the way there. It may be 500 lbs fully wet, as well. CP did the numbers a while back. Can your vehicle handle the tongue weight on the hitch, though?
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Oh yes... it will either behind my parents 42 foot diesel pusher motor home that has a hitch tongue rating of a 1,000 pounds or my 2500HD which should hold it no problem either.

From what I found the dry weight on a 94 600 is around 430.

Comment

Will it? Probably. Should you? I wouldn't.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              Will it? Probably. Should you? I wouldn't.
              Why not? There is a member on here who built the exact same thing to carry behind his RV. As I remember, there weren't any problems with that one.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Be sure to check the class of hitch you have. The site says class III are only good (generally) to 500lbs, which when you take the bike weight plus towing equipment weight into consideration will probably put you over. If you've got a class IV you're good to 1000lbs, but then remember the carrier itself is only good to 600.

Personally, I've looked at these before, and I might go with it if I had a little 250 or a light dirt bike of some sort, but for the kat... eh...

I'd much rather save some money for a while and have a trailer, but that's me.
                None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                -Robert Morrison

"
                well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                  Why not? There is a member on here who built the exact same thing to carry behind his RV. As I remember, there weren't any problems with that one.
                  Based on my own personal experience with tie down points close to the center line of the machine, is that they aren't very stable. Dunno what the other one you're referring to is.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

These are far safer to transport your bike then a trailer, and the next best thing to a pick up truck.
                    We had one for years that would haul my Atv and dirt bike.

There are so many things that can go wrong when trailering
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      These are far safer to transport your bike then a trailer, and the next best thing to a pick up truck.
                      We had one for years that would haul my Atv and dirt bike.

There are so many things that can go wrong when trailering
                      Like both right straps popping loose because the rear trailer tire hit road debris from a truck bed that was traveling beside you on the interstate?

Bike falling over onto it's top side and being dragged down the road even in the short distance it takes you to stop is pretty rough on them...

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Based on my own personal experience with tie down points close to the center line of the machine, is that they aren't very stable. Dunno what the other one you're referring to is.

To me it looks like that one ties it down at both ends... Front and back.. Is that what your saying???

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          Like both right straps popping loose because the rear trailer tire hit road debris from a truck bed that was traveling beside you on the interstate?

Bike falling over onto it's top side and being dragged down the road even in the short distance it takes you to stop is pretty rough on them...

Krey
                          I know two people that lost new bikes on trailers

One only used single spraps on the front of his new harley. he had to hit the brakes hard and one of the straps broke sending his bike off the side of the trailer and being dragged my the remaining strap until it broke.
                          That cosy him a 22,000 bike.

The other chap had a tire blow out and during the trailer fishtailing the *** end of his bike spun around and fell over then slid around in the trailer until it came to a stop.

With the hitch mounts i recommend a locking wheel chock and ALWAYS double up on the straps. Use a tratchet strap to lock it down then double up with snub straps. It aint going anywhere. We have clawed up gnarly jeep trails with bikes on the back and they never budged an inch.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                          X